Two Quests

Chiron: YN, would you mind coming to the Big House with me for a bit?

YN: Oh, sure.  What's up, Chiron?

Chiron: There's someone who I want you to meet, a new camper.  You and Alexa just returned this morning, so you weren't here when he was claimed last night... and his lineage is almost as rare as yours and Alexa's.

My eyes widened.  As far as Chiron knew, which was a hell of a lot, Alexa and I were the only children of Thanatos to ever be born.  If there was someone else with such rare heritage, it had to be one of the Big Three.  As I followed Chiron to the Big House, I stopped when I heard someone crying.

YN: Chiron, I'll meet you there.  I just have to ask Lucas something.

Chiron nodded, and kept walking.  I turned and walked towards the Ares cabin where, sure enough, Sarah was sitting behind the building leaning against the wall.  I walked over and knelt in front of her.

YN: Sarah...

She looked up at me, tears in her eyes.

YN: It was Clarisse, wasn't it?

She slowly nodded, and I grit my teeth.  Sarah was an outcast in the Ares cabin, and gets bullied to the point where she now lives in the Thanatos cabin with me and Alexa.  She's actually pretty peaceful for a daughter of Ares... well, relative to the others at least.  Because of that, the other children of Ares pick on her.  I stood up and cracked my knuckles.

YN: I swear, when I find her...

Sarah: No!

Sarah jumped up and grabbed my arms.

Sarah: Don't worry about it.  It's my problem, I can handle it.  If you want to fight her, wait for another capture the flag.

I sighed and nodded, helping her up.  I waved goodbye, and ran to catch up to Chiron, who was on the porch of the Big House.  Standing next to him was a younger boy (YN, Alexa, and Sarah are fifteen, while Lucas is fourteen) with black hair and sea green eyes.

YN: You must be the new kid.  I'm YN Ernten, nice to meet you.

Percy: Um, hi.  I'm Percy Jackson.  It's nice to meet you too.

We shook hands and I looked at Chiron, who was now walking inside to talk with Mr. D.  Great, leave the antisocial guy to lead the conversation... thanks Chiron.

YN: So, Chiron says you were claimed last night?  My sister and I were out on a scouting mission in the woods, after someone killed the Minotaur on Half-Blood Hill the other night.

Percy: Yeah, that... was me.  I was claimed by Poseidon, but nobody's told me why that's such a big deal yet.

YN: Wait, really?

I was surprised.  I had already suspected Percy was the son of one of the Big Three, considering what Chiron had told me.  I knew about Thalia, and I'm sure nobody was surprised by Zeus' inability to keep it in his... never mind.  I assumed it would be him, but I never thought it would be Poseidon.

YN: Yeah, that's a huge deal.  Around the time World War II ended, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, the Big Three, swore an oath not to have any more mortal children.  In other words... you are the product of Poseidon breaking that vow.  You're bloodline is almost as rare as mine.

Percy was shocked, and I can't exactly blame him.

Percy: Wait, then how is your bloodline more uncommon than mine?

YN: Same reason most people here avoid my sister and I, apart from the Ares cabin.  Because we're the only known children of Thanatos, the God of Death.

TIMESKIP

YN: Yo, Lucas!

Lucas turned around and grinned at me, taking off his goggles.

Lucas: Hey, YN!  How'd the scouting go?

He gave me a fist bump.

YN: Uneventful, aside from finding a wrecked car that the new guy apparently crashed on his way here.  Anyways, is it finished?

Lucas: What, Kurve?  Yeah, just finished. Here.

He tossed me my key, which I clipped onto my chain.

YN: Thanks.  So... the Son of Poseidon?

Lucas: Yeah, I saw it happen.  Poseidon's claim symbol looks sick.  It happened yesterday at the end of capture the flag.

YN: Yeah?  What do you think triggered the claim?

Lucas: Clarisse beat him up, but he managed to cut her spear in half.  I'm pretty sure she would have killed him if the game hadn't ended.  Then Annabeth pushed him into the sound, and the water healed him.  That's when he got claimed.

Sarah: He also made the toilets explode and used the water to send Clarisse flying before capture the flag.  It was very amusing.

I turned to see Sarah leaning in the doorway.

Sarah: I was sent to find you two.  Two birds with one stone, I guess.  Chiron's called all the older campers together.  Percy Jackson received a prophecy, and just left for a quest.

Without a second thought, Lucas and I jumped up and the three of us ran towards the Big House.  I climbed up onto the roof, sitting on the edge with my legs crossed, listening as the rest of the campers arrived.  Chiron explained what had happened, that Percy had gone on a quest with Annabeth Chase and Grover Underwood, and they had left about two hours ago.  Annabeth Chase, interesting choice.  I wouldn't want to be sitting at the same meal table as Annabeth, let alone CHOOSE for her to join me on a quest.  Not after... ugh, whatever.  Suddenly, there was a bright green flash from the window next to me.  It was obvious where it was from since I had been on the roof.  Emphasis on "had been" because it scared the crap out of me and I fell, conveniently landing next to my sister who just chuckled at my misfortune.  I glared at her but before I could say anything, the window was suddenly flung open, and green mist began seeping out.

Oracle: To help return glory to the King of the Gods, the Children of Death must defy all odds, the line drawn between peace and war is thin, the dethroned king's servant will betray his kin.

(I know that was shit, but I'm not the Oracle, what do you want from me?)

Everyone was stunned.  The Oracle had never given multiple prophecies in the same week, let alone within three hours.  Chiron looked to me and Alexa, who were stunned by what we just heard.  It's pretty obvious who most people in that prophecy are.

Chiron: The two of you shall join them on their quest.  Who will you choose to accompany you?

I turned to Alexa, who looked at me questioningly.

YN: Chiron, I choose Sarah Wilson, daughter of Ares, and Lucas Karula, son of Hephaestus to join us.

Sarah looked shocked, but not as shocked as every other member of the Ares cabin.  Lucas looked nervous, but eventually regained his usual smile.

Sarah: YN, I don't think-

YN: Sarah, I know that you can do better than... well, maybe not ALL of them, but I know damn well you're better than her.

I pointed at Clarisse, who clenched her fists and glared at me while there were some laughs from the crowd.  Sarah nodded, and gave a smile.

Sarah: I accept.

Everyone cheered, except Clarisse who just sulked.  I smiled at Sarah, and she smiled back, while Lucas walked up and put his arm around my shoulder.

Lucas: You know, you might've just gotten me killed?  Just because the two of you can't d-

I put my hand over his mouth and glared at him.

YN: Keep it down, dumbass.  It's not something that everyone should know!

He nodded and I removed my hand.

YN: Go get your stuff.  We've gotta go catch up to them.

The Son of Death (Percy Jackson x Male Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें