Luke Takes A Hair Brush To The Eye

Start from the beginning

Chiron: Oh!  Annabeth, Sarah, YN.  it is good to see you.  What's happened?  Where's Percy?

YN: He's safe.

Chiron smiled, but then he saw my neck.

Chiron: Oh, YN, are you ok?  You have a bruise on your neck.

Sarah smirked.

YN: I-it's nothing Chiron, don't worry.

We quickly filled him in about Daedalus and Luke.  I suspected that he had been suspicious of Quintus all along, but hadn't had said anything yet with the lack of evidence.

Annabeth: Chiron, Luke has the string.  He's preparing an assault on camp as we speak.  He'll be there soon.

Chiron looked worried.

Chiron: We'll start preparing our defenses.  We need all of you back as well.

YN: We're on our way

Chiron nodded and swiped through the message.  I finished my chips just as we got back to Percy and Rachel

YN: We talked to Chiron.  They're doing their best to prepare for battle, but he still wants us back.  They're going to need every hero they can get.  Did we find a ride?

Rachel: The driver's ready when we are.

The chauffeur was now talking to another guy in khakis and a polo shirt, probably his client who'd rented the car.  Rachel led us to the car and got in without even looking at the flustered guy who'd rented it.  A minute later we were cruising down the road.  The seats were leather.  There was plenty of legroom.  There was even enough room in the back for me to fit with my wings.  The backseat had flatscreen TVs built into the headrests and a minifridge stocked with bottled water, sodas, and snacks.  We started pigging out.

Robert: Where to, Miss Dare?

Rachel: I'm not sure yet, Robert.  We just need to drive through town and, uh, look around.

Robert: Whatever you say, miss.

I looked at Rachel.

YN: Do you know this guy?

Rachel: No.

YN: Okay... lets not be straight forward then.

Percy: But he dropped everything to help you.  Why?

Rachel: Just keep your eyes peeled.  Help me look.

We drove through Colorado Springs for about half an hour and saw nothing that Rachel considered a possible Labyrinth entrance.  I was very aware of Rachel's shoulder pressing against mine.  I kept wondering who she was exactly, and how she could walk up to some random chauffeur and immediately get a ride.  After about an hour we decided to head north toward Denver, thinking that maybe a bigger city would be more likely to have a Labyrinth entrance, but we were all getting nervous.  We were losing time.  Then right as we were leaving Colorado Springs, Rachel sat bolt upright.

Rachel: Get off the highway!

Robert: Miss?

Rachel: I saw something, I think.  Get off here.

The driver swerved across traffic and took the exit.

Sarah: What did you see?

We were pretty much out of the city now.  There wasn't anything around except hills, grassland, and some scattered farm buildings.  Rachel had the driver turn down this unpromising dirt road.  We drove by a sign too fast for me to read it.

Rachel: Western Museum and Mining Industry.

For a museum, it didn't look like much.  A little house like an old fashioned railroad station, some drills and pumps and old steam shovels on display outside.