Chapter-57

Silence pervaded the living room. Adi's parents were sitting in front of Sidharth and Shehnaaz. Adi was biting his nails in nervousness. He was scared. Rida looked at him and slapped his hand to stop him from biting.

"Phatt rahi hai yaar" he whispered.

"Tu hi aaya tha hero ban ke aage" she whispered back.

"Umm..Are bhai sahab chai lijiye na" said Aadhya's mother to ease the environment.

Shehnaaz mouthed her thank you. Her mother blinked her eyes.

Yes Aadhya's parents were also present there. SidNaaz  never let them realise that they are not family. They had accepted them with open arms.

Aadhya was standing beside Agastya. He sneakingly held her hand. Her eyes widened. She looked at him with her doe eyes. He chuckled at her scary face.

"Rida hume bahut pasand hai aur dono bacche bhi ek dusre ko pasand karte hai. Hume shadi se koi aitraaz nahi hai" said his mother.

"Lekin meri ek shart hai." said Sidharth.

Suddenly the whole environment changed. Everyone was shocked. Agastya laughed at Adi's face.

"Ye kaise ho sakta hai?" said his father.

"Kyu nahi ho sakta?" asked Sidharth.

"Ye tere papa kya bol rahe hai?" Asked Adi surprisingly.

"Mujhe kya pata" said Rida and Shrugged her shoulders.

"Sidharth ye aap kya bol rahe ho?" whispered Shehnaaz.

"Kyu? Galat kya bola maine?" Asked Sidharth offensively.

"Dekhiye aisa nahi ho sakta. Log kya bolenge?" said his mother.

Rida looked at Adi with teary eyes. Her lips started to wobble. She was hoping that Adi would take her stand. Her grip on his hand was so tight that if she left his hand, he would be disappeared. He wiped her tears. He got up along with Rida.

"Mom.. I really love her. I really do. Mai nahi chor sakta Rida ko aur na hi chirunga. Bachpan se lekar aaj tak iske saath hoon aur hamesha rahunga chahe kuch bhi ho jaye." Said Adi.

"Tu humare against bhi jayega?" Asked his mother angrily.

"Mai kisi ke bhi against ja sakta hoon" he said while looking into her eyes.

"Mom..Rida bahut achi ladki hai ye aap bhi jante ho. Aapko toh Rida pasand bhi hai. Aur log kya bolenge isse apko kya farak padta hai? Log toh waise bhi bolte hai mom aur aage bhi bolenge. Unhein apki feelings se koi farak nahi padta unka toh kaam hi hai baatein banana. Aap logo ki wajah se apne bacchon ki khushiyaan kaise cheen sakte ho?" Said Adi.

His eyes were teary as well. His mother came towards Rida and kissed her forehead. Shehnaaz held Sidharth's hand whose eyes were teary as well. He always knew what Adi's feelings were and he also knew that Adi would never leave his daughter's side.

The roka ceremony started. Adi's parents put tilak on Rida's forehead and gave her some clothes, cash and fed her some sweets. SidNaaz also came forward and put tilak on Adi's forehead and gave him some clothes, cash and fed him some sweets. Aadhya's parents also gave them cash and fed some sweets. They all blessed them.

Aadhya came forward and fed them sweets.

"Congratulations di and jiju" said Aadhya.

"Thank you cutie pie" said Rida and hugged her.