Chapter-1

Midnight Club

The sound of applause echoed throughout the room. A man sitting on a chair with a guitar in his hand. There was pain in his eyes, there was loneliness. He closed his eyes and a smiling face appeared in front of his eyes. His fingers strummed on the guitar. He started singing.

(Please listen to this song while reading)

Awaarapaan banjarapaan
Ek khala hai sine mein
Har dam har pal bechaini hai
Kaun bhala hai seene mein

Is dharti par jis pal suraj
Roz savere ugta hai
Is dharti par jis pal suraj
Roz savere ugta hai
Apne liye to thik usi pal
Roz dhala hai seene mein
Awaarapaan banjarapaan
Ek khala hai sine mein

Jaane yeh kaisi aag lagi hai
Is mein dhua na chingari
Jane yeh kaisi aag lagi hai
Is mein dhua na chingari
Ho na ho us par kahin koi
Khwaab jala hai seene mein
Awaarapaan banjarapaan
Ek khala hai sine mein

Jis raste par tapta suraj
Sari raat nahi dhalta
Jis raste par tapta suraj
Sari raat nahi dhalta
Ishq ki aise raha guzar ko
Hum ne chuna hai seene mein
Awaarapaan banjarapaan
Ek khala hai sine mein

Kahan kise ke liye hai mumkin
Sab ke liye ek sa hona
Kahan kise ke liye hai mumkin
Sab ke liye ek sa hona
Thoda sa dil mera bura hai
Thoda bhala hai seene mein
Awaarapaan banjarapaan
Ek khala hai sine mein.

The room that had previously been buzzing with applause was eerily quiet. Everyone could feel the pain in his voice. He opened his eyes and quietly got up, went to the bar counter, picked up a bottle of liquor and left. The bar owner didn't stop him. He was aware of his anger. His friend Kaushal followed him. He was drinking scotch like water. It was burning his throat but still he was drinking from it. Kaushal sighed and snatched bottle from him. He was ready for the consequences.

"Bottle wapas kar Kaushal" he screamed at him.
"Nahi karunga, bahut pi chuka hai tu yaar" said Kaushal.

With trembling feet he went to him and snatched the bottle and started drinking again. Kaushal face palmed himself. He forcefully took him to his house. He ranged the bell. A woman in late 60's opened the door and saw her son in drunk state. Kaushal looked down in shame.

"Andar lita de usse beta" said the woman.

He came back after laying him in the room. He looked at her and left the house.

Next Morning:

When he woke up in the morning he had a headache. He heard the sound of clinking glass near him.

"Pee lena hangover utar jayega" said woman and left.
He rubbed his face in frustration and got up to get fresh. He came out of his room and looked at the lady who was arranging breakfast on the table.
He said:
"Mom" no reply came
"Mom" again no reply came. The lady totally ignored him.
"Mom I am sorry"

"Sorry?? Really Sidharth?" The lady angrily said.

Yes the guy was Sidharth.

Sidharth Shukla
Age-38 years old
Business man. And a widower. Part time singer at a club. He sings not for money but to ease his pain. He lost his wife and his unborn child 5 years ago in an accident. Since then he is immersed in alcohol but the pain never subside. He was madly in love with his wife Meera. She was a beautiful Lady with a Golden heart. She used to take care of all his belongings. He was habitual of her. When he got the news of her pregnancy was on cloud nine. They had so many dreams. But their dreams remained unfulfilled.

"Kab tak chalega aisa? Aakhir Kab tak? Kab tak tu aise khudko barbaad karega sharab peeke? Paanch Saal Beet gaye hai Meera ko gaye hue

"Kab tak chalega aisa? Aakhir Kab tak? Kab tak tu aise khudko barbaad karega sharab peeke? Paanch Saal Beet gaye hai Meera ko gaye hue. Zindagi Kisi ke Jaane se nahin rukti mere bache." Said Rita maa.

He said with tears in his eyes "nahin ho raha maa, I miss her and my child".
Rita maa hugged him tightly, he started crying like a scared child in mother's arm. She consoled him. She could not tolerate her son being weak. She had to be strong for him.

"Chal abhi nashta kar aur office ja" said maa.

He finished breakfast and left for office. He was a strict boss. He could not tolerate any mistake. Everyone was scared of him. But his friend Kaushal was not scared of him. He barged into the cabin without knocking. Sidharth looked at him with annoyed expression.

"What?" Said Kaushal.
" Knock karna hota hai BC" said Sidharth.
Kaushal rolled his eyes and sat in front of him with serious expressions.
Sidharth looked at him and raised his eyebrow.

"Sidharth please move on" Said Kaushal.

A painful chuckle left from his mouth.

Move on!!

So this was the first chapter of Abhi abhi.. I hope you will like it. Do let me know your views  in the comment section. Thank you!!

Signing off
S..