Chapter-43

They reached home. Shehnaaz was a little tired. Rida was so excited to tell her momma about the baby. He took her to their bedroom and laid her on the bed. Rida followed them into the room. She climbed on the bed, sat near her mom's tummy, and started looking at it happily. Sana looked at her confusedly. Sidharth chuckled at her excitement.

"Kya hua hai Sidharth mujhe?" Asked Shehnaaz.

He sat near her and held her hand. He kissed her hand. Rida looked at his actions and copied him. She held her mom's other hand and kissed it.

"Tu bilkul theek hai meri jaan. Tension mat le." He said.

"Toh fir mai behosh.." he cut her in between

"You are pregnant.." he said happily.

"Pregnant??" She asked.

"Yes.. pregnant mumma.." answered Rida this time.

She looked at Sidharth, who was emotional. She hugged him tightly. They were hugging tightly.

"Thank you" he whispered while crying.

Sana cried and creased his hair. He was hugging her like a child. They felt happy and blessed.
Rida looked at them and pouted because she wanted to be a part of the hug. Sidharth looked at her and pulled her in between them. She giggled loudly. Now three of them were hugging each other. Rida kept her hand on her tummy and bent forward to kiss. She kissed her tummy and hugged it. They both smiled at their little daughter's gesture.

Rida was now sleeping while holding her mother's tummy protectively. Sana ruffled her hair. Sidharth entered the room with food.

"So gayi?" He asked.

"Haan.. dekho na kaise tummy ko pakad ke so rahi hai." Said Sana.

Sidharth smiled and sat near her. He started feeding Shehnaaz with his own hands. Shehnaaz was looking at him. There was a slight fear on his face all the time. They shared eye contact. He kept the empty plate on the side table.

"Ab tumhein apna bahut dhyaan rakhna hai. Dawai time par leni hai aur stress nahi lena samjhi?" He said.

He hugged her tightly and uttered "I am scared".

"Sab theek hoga Sidharth. I promise mai apna aur baby ka ache se dhyaan rakhungi. Apne mann se darr nikal dijiye." She said.

He hugged her more tightly and nodded. He broke the hug, fixed her hair, and pecked her lips.

The next morning was the most dramatic. Rida did not want to go to school because she wanted to stay with her mom and the unborn baby. Shehnaaz was convincing her to go, but Rida was eager to stay because she wanted to protect her mom.

"Agar mai school chala jaunga toh apka dhyaan kaun rakhega? Mujhe sab karna padega na mumma aap kaise karoge?" Said Rida.

Shehnaaz rolled her eyes at her daughter's drama, while Sidharth was standing near the door and laughing.

"Rida" said Shehnaaz.

"Offo mumma..be a good girl." Said Rida.

Sidharth came forward and picked her up and somehow convinced her to go to school. Sana thanked him.

Days were passing by. Sana's health was better because of her maa's strict diet. As per the doctor's suggestion, they went for a walk every day. They both still remember the day when they heard the heartbeat of their future child for the first time. They seem to have gotten it all. The voice was still ringing in their ears today. Now Sana's stomach was starting to look a little out. Sidharth used to kiss her on the stomach every day and used to sleep holding her like a protective father. Sana felt overwhelmed. He used to take care of the cranky Rida. He used to help her with her homework. He never made her feel left out. He used to make her sleep on his chest sometimes.

One day, Sana was standing in the kitchen beside Maa. She felt pain in her stomach. She held the countertop. Maa saw her face and immediately made her sit on the sofa.

"Kya hua beta tu theek hai na?" Asked maa worriedly.

"Maa..laat padi.." said Sana.

Maa laughed and put her hand on her belly. She felt the kick. Both mother and daughter started giggling. Sidharth came from the office and saw them laughing.

"Kya baat hai? Itna kyu hass rahe ho aap dono?" He said.

"Khud hi puch le.. mai toh chali ab araam karne.." said maa and left.

"Kya hua?" He asked while sitting beside her.

"Aapke bache ne aaj laat maari.." she said and pouted.

"Acha ji.." he said.

He put his hand on her tummy and said "mumma ko zyada pareshan mat karo meri jaan."

He felt a kick. His eyes widened. Sana laughed. He bent and placed a kiss. He was overwhelmed.

She is now 9 months pregnant. Her feet were swollen. Sidharth used to massage her feet. He used to take care of her at night because she used to wake up to pee frequently. She felt uncomfortable going to sleep at night. He used to woke up at night to check on her. Whimpering sound broke his sleep. He looked beside him and saw Sana sweating badly. She looked in pain. She scrunched her nose.

"Shehnaaz Shehnaaz..kya hua??" He asked worriedly.

"Sii..sidh.." she couldn't speak. She reached out to hold his hand, and her hand fell. There was no moment from her side. Sidharth patted her face. There was no response. Fear began to take hold of him. He was remembering his past. Will history repeat itself?

Signing off..
S..