Chapter-17

Unedited

Maa left the kitchen along with popcorn and juice. There was no limit to Shehnaaz's tears today. She could feel the pain of losing unborn child. She knew the fear and pain. If she had been forced to take the medicine that day, her child would not have been in this world today. She leaned against the wall kept hand on her mouth and cried silently. She started shivering.

Here Sidharth got restless after looking at his mother. He knew she cried. He knew his mother. His eyes were searching for Shehnaaz. His instinct told him that she knew about Meera and his child.

"Maa Shehnaaz kaha hai?" He asked. His heart was pounding loudly.

Before she could answer he saw her coming out of the kitchen with a fake smile on her face. She was avoiding his gaze.

"Uncle movie..." Rida drew his attention.

They all sat on the sofa. The movie started Rida sat excitedly between Shehnaaz and Sidharth. Maa was sitting on another sofa. Rida was engrossed in the movie. She was still as excited as if she was seeing it for the first time. Sidharth was smiling slightly while looking at Rida. Whenever he looked at her, he used to think that if his baby was alive today, she would have been of Rida's age. Rida laughed showing her teeth to him. He always wanted a daughter. Dads are usually very emotional when it comes to their daughters. They like to protect them, show them so much love and wouldn't want their daughter to feel down anytime. Daughters have a special place in the hearts of their dads which no one can take away. A father holds his daughter's hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever." "The love between a dad and his daughter is unbreakable." "A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart." "The love between a father and daughter is forever. She leaned towards his arm and giggled. Her giggles was like a music to his ears. He held her tightly, protectively and kissed her forehead. He fed her popcorn with his own hands.

Maa and Sana exchanged looks. They were overwhelmed. They were emotional. In short they were able ro feel many emotions at once. They could see two people in their own world. Rida never saw her father. She never knew what father love is. She never knew father's role in a daughter life. Knowingly or unknowingly Sidharth was giving her father's love.

As soon as her favourite song came Rida jumped from the sofa and started dancing and signing like a princess.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I'm the Queen.
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried
Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know
Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on,
The cold never bothered me anyway
It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand and here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on
My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back,
The past is in the past
Let it go, let it go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand in the light of day
Let the storm rage on,
The cold never bothered me anyway.

The house was filled with laughter after so many years. Sidharth was adoring her.

"Uncle uthooooooo" Rida said and pulled Sidharth's hand towards her to dance.

He started dancing with Rida. Maa looked at Sana and mouthed "Thank you". She was happy to see her child laughing and dancing.

Rida sang loudly...

"Let it go... let it go......"

As I promised in the morning here is the second update of today. Do let me know your views in the comment section.

Signing off..
S..