Chapter-20

They went downstairs at the hotel restaurant to have dinner. After ordering dinner they talked to Rida on video call. She was happy. She was blabbering how happy she was, what she ate and what she did. They cut the call once their dinner arrived. They started eating. The table was filled with a little laughter and talks. Once they finished the dinner they were moving towards their room.

"Sidharth ji?" A voice came and Sidharth turned.

"Mummy papa! Aap yaha?" He asked surprisingly. He saw Meera's parents.

Her eyes landed on Sana.

"Disturb kar diya kya aapko?" She asked mockingly.

"Nahi mummy ji aap kaisi baatein kar rahe ho? Aa..aap aaiye na?" He said.

"Ye ladki kaun hai?" She asked while pointing out at Shehnaaz.

She didn't let him speak.

"Meri beti ko itni jaldi bhool gaye aap?" She asked.

"Ye tum kya bol rahi ho?" Her husband said.

"Meri beti ko mare hue kuch hi saal hue aur aap apni zindagi mein aage bad gaye?" She said.

He froze on the spot. Sana looked at the woman then at Sidharth. She could see the pain on his face.

"Aap kaise bhool sakte ho usse? Apne mare hue bache ko kaise bhool sakte ho? She said angrily.

"Bas karo Sushma.. vo ek accident tha.. tumhe samhaj kyu nahi aata?" He said loudly.

"Maaf karna damaad ji" he said and took her forcefully with him.

"Sid..aarth.." Sana whispered.

He went inside his room and closed the door loudly.

"Sidharth Sidharth please darwaza kholo pls.." sana started beating the door.

She could hear the sound of glass breaking. She got scared and started beating loudly.

Here Sidharth's condition was no less. He started drowning in the pool of guilt. He felt like a criminal.

"Mai.. Meera ko bhool gaya???" He started questioning himself.

"Mai apni bachi ko kai..kaise bhool sakta hoon??" He screamed and punched the glass of the dressing table.

Sana ran towards the reception to ask for help.

"Hi.. meri room ki key kaam nahi kar rahi hai. Can you pls help?" She said.

He took out alcohol bottle from the refrigerator of the hotel room and started drinking from the bottle.

His hand was bleeding. He was crying.

"Maine dh..dhokha.."

"Mer..I princess"

Meera's dead face came in from him.

"Meri wajah se hua sab. Meri wajah..se. Mujhe nahi jaane dena chahiye tha usse.. nahi jane dena chahiye tha" he was only murmuring this.

He finished the bottle in one go. He started looking for another bottle. His steps were unstable. Broken glasses were lying on the floor.

Staff opened the room with the master key. She didn't let them in.

"Thanks" she said.

She entered the dark room. She turned on the light and saw things, broken glasses on the floor. Sidharth was lying in the middle of the bed. His hand was bleeding.

"Sidhaaarth.." she screamed and ran towards him.

She patted his face. Sidharth looked at her in a tipsy state. He was drunk and had tears in his eyes. He looked broken and helpless.

"M..meri wajah se hua hai..meri biwi, meri bachi meri wajah se mar gaye..meri wajah se" he whispered.

She shook her head and took his bloodied hand in her hand and began to wipe it with her scarf. She couldn't see him in that state.

He sat on the bed and held her hand angrily and asked her why she was here.

"Kyu aayi ho yaha? Haan? Mere dard ka tamasha dekhne?" He said furiously.

"Nahi.." she said.

"Jao yaha se". He said.

"M..mai nahi jaungi" she said.

He took her hand and pulled her out of the room and closed the door on her face. She started crying and beating the door.

"Please darwaza kholo Sidharth" she pleaded.

The sound of Sana's screams was not getting into his ears, he was resorting to alcohol to forget his pain.

She sat at the door all night and listened to Sidharth's cries.

Next day, she paid for all the damages and checked out from the hotel. Sidharth was still in an inebriated state. Sana drove the car to the house.

When the mother opened the door, her eyes went wide, her child was drunk after a long time today.
He couldn't even stand properly. She helped Sana to come in. They took him inside his bedroom and laid him on the bed.

"Sidharth.. bacha.. ye sab kya hai? Ye sharab? Iska haath? Sana?" She asked impatiently.

"Aunty waha hotel mein Meera k parents mile aur.." Sana said.

"Aur unhone for se isse blame kiya.." maa completed.

"Mere bache ki zindagi mein khushiyan aane hi lagti hai k koi na koi usse wapas peeche kheech k le aata hai" she said while crying.

Sana had never seen her so broken. She lost her husband very early and always stood like a pillar for her child but today she was helpless. Sana hugged her tightly to console her. After sometime she broke the hug.

"Mai tere liye pani laati hoon beta" maa said.

"Nahi aunty aap baitho..Aunty Rida.." she asked.

"Vo so rahi hai beta.." she replied.

"Aunty mai usko leti jati hoon."

"Are abhi toh aayi hai. Nashta karke jaana.. mai abhi bana deti hoon." She said.

Sana was surprised to see her courage, how she had broken a while ago and was taking care of herself after a while.

She picked up her sleeping daughter in her arms and went to her house. There were so many emotions in her mind, she was angry, frustrated, hurt, disappointed and what not.

Signing off.
S..