Chapter-24

"Tum 2 min Shanti se baithogi aur mujhe karne dogi?" Said Sidharth irritatedly.

"Par" she pouted.

"Offo mumma.. please let us do" said Rida.

Sana was on her period. She was in pain. Her blood pressure was low. Sidharth forcefully made her sit on the dining table. Sidharth and Rida were making breakfast in the kitchen. He didn't want her to faint, like last time. He indulged Rida with him. She was his assistant chef and was passing things to him. Sana was adoring them from a far. She was happy.

"Tadda, breakfast is ready," Rida said excitedly.

They kept breakfast on the table. They made parathas and sandwiches with tea and milk for Rida. Sidharth was feeding Rida with his own hands. She never throws tantrums about eating in front of him. She enjoys his company and feels safe. She took a bite of parantha and kept it in front of him. Sidharth felt overwhelmed. He ate with her little hands. She giggled and repeated the same thing. He was enjoying eating with her hands. He also fed her in between.

Sidharth noticed ketchup smeared near Sana's mouth. Without thinking, he cleaned from his hand and licked it. Sana's heart started pounding.

She stopped eating. He raised his eyebrows to ask what happened to her. She shook her head and stared, eating with her head down. He looked at her and smiled slightly. He knew she was surprised by his action. After finishing their breakfast, Sidharth kept all the dishes in the sink. He called his mother and asked her to send their house help to Sana's place to do dishes and cleaning.

"Mai kar leti na Sidharth" she said.

"Bilkul bhi nahi. Mai risk nahi le sakta" he said firmly.

Rida went inside the room and brought her school bag, which she kept in front of him.

"Homework" she said and pouted.

He started helping her with her homework. He held her hand and taught her how to write correctly. She imitated the actions of rhymes and asked him to repeat them. Sana was trying hard not to laugh because a 6'2 was looking funny while dancing to rhymes. He looked at her, and she immediately changed her expression.

After some time, Sidharth noticed discomfort on her face. He immediately went inside and brought a hot water bag for her and kept it on her tummy. He even arranged pillows behind her back properly. He sat on the sofa.

" legs rakho mere upar" he said.

"Kya?" She asked.

"Legs rakho" he said.

"Nahi". She said.

He forcefully kept both of her legs in his lap and started pressing. She was ashamed.She was trying hard to remove her legs, but he was not letting her do it.

"Relax karogi please?" He asked.

She relaxed her body. His hands were doing magic. Her mood swings were taking a toll on her. She started crying. No one ever took this much care of hers, and the man sitting in front of her was taking care of her selflessly.

"Hey! What happened sweetheart? Are you alright? Zyada pain ho raha hai? Doctor k paas chale? He asked worriedly.

She shook her head negatively and opened her arms, asking him to hug her. He hugged her tightly. She could feel him pressing her back slightly. She was in awe of this man.

She fell asleep while hugging him. He laid her down on the couch and covered her properly with a duvet. He arranged the pillows and hot water bag properly. Rida was busy drawing in front of them.

He went near her and sat on the floor.

"Kya bana rahe ho aap?" He asked.

She showed him the drawing. There was a picture of a man, a woman, and a small baby in their arms.

"Ye kya banaya hai baby"? He asked.

"Ye aap ho, ye star aunty hai aur ye apki princess hai"She pointed out each picture.

He looked at her surprisingly.

"I know vo dono bhagwaan ji k paas hai. Aap unko miss karke ro rahe the na toh maine unki drawing bana di. Ab aap mat rona. Ok?" She said.

" ok my baby" he said with wet eyes.

She got up, wiped his eyes, and hugged him.

The doorbell broke Sana's sleep. She was about to get up to see.

"Mai dekhta hoon tum leti raho" he said and went to open the door.

A lady in her mid fifties was standing in front of him in salwar suit. He immediately recognised her. She looked similar to Shehnaaz.

"Ji aap kaun? Ye toh meri beti k ghar ka address hai." She said confusedly.

"Mummy!" Sana said surprisingly.

How's it? Pls let me know in the comment section.

Signing off..
S..