Her heartbeat-1

A/N: A new story marking a new journey! Welcome back you all!!

I'm so excited to share this new story with you'all!

•★•★•★•

"Khala, chai please" Ruhi asked softly, her doe shaped eyes holding a plead.

"Bilkul nahi. Aap abhi bohat chote ho." Suhana replied sternly at her 6 year old niece, as she poured the milk into the mixture of boiling water and tea powder.

The rich aroma of the tea lingered in the air and Suhana could feel freshness fill in her at the scent. She effortlessly pour the tea into the tea cups and arrange them in the tray.

Holding the tray in both her hands, she walks out of the kitchen, followed by a pouting Ruhi who was ready to throw another tantrum.

"Ye lijiye chai" Suhana lowered the tray in the huge table and smiled at everyone sweetly.

Every single person in the room freezed at her sight. Suhana in the kitchen. Suhana making tea.

Is the world coming to an end?

Cause the sight of the youngest Ahmedani girl to actually move her ass out of her bed and use her fragile and precious fingers to make something was highly suspicious.

"Tujhe bukhar hai!?" Her mother blinked at her, eyes wide.

"Nahi. Kuch paise chahiye?" Her father asked confused.

"Kuch Tod dala kya? Ya allah! Ye ladki mai bata Raha hu! Mere kamre mai Mera model pada hua hai and or agar uspar makhi bhi bethi Maine tere mu mai thermocol thons Dena hai!" Her brother wailed, standing up in defence.

Her grandmother chuckled at everyone while Suhana just blushed red at every word.

"Mai bilkul theek hu or Maine kuch nahi kya hai" she made a point by glaring at her brother.

Her tayyi ammi lifted up her brow at her words and then shot a look at the tea cups.

"Ye pee sakte hai?" She asked suspiciously and Suhana felt her heart crack. She was trying so hard to impress her these days and the woman was so cautious around her, she would question the air she breathes. Hiding her disappointment, she nodded her head.

"Bilkul Tayi Jaan. Maine isme Adrak bhi dala hai. Jaise apko pasand hai" Suhana's words were calm as she stared at the woman who holds the tea cup in her hands and take a sip hesitantly.

"Cheeni kam hai" her tayyi ammi said blankly and kept the cup back in the tray. Suhana's heart dropped.

"But achi hai" her cousin, Rania noticed her dejected expression and came to her rescue. Ruhi crawled in her mother, Rania's lap and complained to her while he mother scolded her in return.

"Isey chai kehte hai?" Suhana's brother, Asad made a face at the sip and Suhana shot him a glare.

"Apke liye hai bhi nahi ye. Dunya apke ird gird nahi ghumti hai, Maine apke kamre mai kadam bhi nahi rakha hai" Suhana stormed off from the living room leaving everyone confused.

"Vo jab koshish kar rahi hai kuch karne ki toh do meethi baat karne mai tum log ke paise Jaa rahe hai?" The eldest lady of the house, Suhana's grandmother seethed at everyone.

Suhana's mother, Aliya sighed. She couldn't understand her daughter's behaviour for a few days.

It was ever since Suhana's tayyi (paternal aunt) returned from US permanently, she has been acting weird. Aliya would often find her daughter trying to learn cooking, acting like a polite and obedient daughter, and trying to get into the good books of her tayyi.