•|Ahl-e-dil|• 8

•8•

The rain poured heavily around the time of the dawn, postponing the cheers and tweets of the birds. The temperature dropped and a cold hue enveloped the busy city.

Fariya strolled around the estate, her feet ruffling against the lush green grass while she breathed the fresh
air. The smell of mud was heavenly, and refreshing, making her relax.

"Fariya?" A deep voice called from behind, making her freeze in her position. Her hand stilled in the air, under the leaf which dropped the morning dew into her palm.

She looked back to her husband standing near the steps, a scowl etched on his face. He looked unraveled, with Messy hair, a few buttons were left open on his shirt, and he looked confused.

A sudden possessiveness took over the meek woman, cautious of the dreamy glances of the maids around them, towards Zaid. She didn't want anyone to look at her man in such a state. She rushed to his side without another thought, while the already eager man pulled her closer to him.

"Why are you here so early in the morning?" He asked in concern, his voice deep and drowsy. Yet the worry lines on his forehead made her heart skip a beat. She gently pushed back the hair that fell on his forehead and smiled kindly.

"It's refreshing"

"It's cold, the rain stopped just a few minutes ago" he countered. His warm hand rested on her cheek and Fariya leaned into his touch, not realizing how she needed his warmth. It was chill cold.

"But it feels nice" She murmured when he rubbed her back to produce heat. Fariya sighed and rested her head on his chest while he continued to rant her about the cold weather.

"You like weather like this?" Zaid asked when her eyes brightened at the sight of the white sky.

"I love it when it rains. Winters are my favourite too!" Fariya kept her chin up against his chest and grinned. She was petite against his tall and huge frame, only reaching his shoulders.

"Really?" She nodded. "Then we will go to some cold place for our honeymoon!"

The word honeymoon made her stomach flip. He seemed serious, his eyes distant as he imagined them in a cold cozy place, cuddled up against the couch and enjoying each other's presence.

He dared to imagine that.

And it just might come true.

"Hm," Fariya didn't look at him, her cheeks turning red against the cold weather. Zaid noticed her shy demeanor and smiled.

Zaid didn't let her stand there in the cold for a long time, as he dragged her to the bed and demanded her sleep. She stubbornly refused, saying she was hungry.

"Alright. Let's eat then" Zaid stood up and flexed his muscles in front of the mirror, making her roll her eyes.

This wasn't a new sight for her. She had encountered a hundred times where her husband would stand in front of the mirror and flex his biceps, trying to impress her.

It worked. More than it should.

Fariya would always blush and look away while Zaid would pass some sighs and winks her way.

"All these muscles underneath and no one to see or touch it" He whispered under his breath just as Fariya walked passed him. Her steps froze and so did his body.

His widened eyes met her shocked ones in the mirror before she snapped her head in the front and ran out of the room like she needed to go pee.

Zaid stood in front of the mirror for a moment, comprehending the entire situation until a huge mischievous grin broke out on his face.