•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|• 5

Spaces between your fingers are supposed to be filled with mine !

•5•

"And you are telling me this NOW?!" Maryam yelled at Ezzah,  her eyes widening in fear and astonishment.

Ezzah pressed her hand on her mouth. "Speak slow!  If Hanah wakes up, I swear I'm going to hand over her to you for the night!" She glared.

"B-But! Why? " Maryam was lost in her thoughts. Her already traumatized mind couldn't accept the fact that Hamza did try to kill himself once.

"He was a simple loving man, Maryam. And when he loved Ramsha, he loved her with all his heart and got it crushed in return. I know it will hurt you but I want you to know all of this. I am sorry for saying this so late. But I thought you guys might work through this but I was so wrong. I-I am so sorry! "

Ezzah didn't know peace since she saw her beloved brother and sister-in-law this tangled in chaos. She wished and prayed for them but their life was going all down the hill. Her eyes glistened with tears as the guilt flooded through her heart. She could have saved Maryam's life and stopped this marriage. But her selfishness and stupidity clouded her rational sense.

Hashim was right. He was right all along.

Women aren't rehabilitation centers for men.

She wished she supported her husband that day. Maybe then two lives wouldn't be on the brink of ruination.

"Hey!  It's not your fault. " Maryam pulled her into a hug,  calming her sobs. She didn't know what to feel.

As if all the things she witnessed about her infamous husband isn't enough, now she got to know that he even tried to kill himself once.

What kind of love is this that destroys humans from the very core? 

She can't sit and see him ruin himself like this, she had to do something.

*****

The next day she visited a therapist in her hospital and exposed all the happening with Hamza from whatever she had collected and witnessed. The old lady was silent for a while, letting the information sink.

"He needs Rehab" She whispered.

"Huh?! " Maryam didn't see that coming. She thought a simple therapy would help him.

"Look, Maryam, Some of us are very sensitive and passionate. Then comes the way of loving. Romantically, passion is what ignites a relationship but if it exceeds it may harm too"  Maryam leaned back in her chair,  her words making sense.

"In the case of Hamza, he was very passionate about her and I could have given him therapy but it is not just that. Since he is an alcoholic with a very complicated lifestyle he needs time and Rehab"

"He will never agree to this" She exclaimed hopelessly.

"You have to convince him. Tell him that it is better for him,  for your relationship "

"He never wanted a relationship with me." Her insecurities were no less. The unwanted feeling with a constant reminder of how you are not needed,  broke her heart.

"Maryam, He is afraid. The way you said how he loved her, He is afraid of heartbreak" The lady held her hand and squeezed it gently.

Maryam stared into space, her mind coming up with different ways to convince him until an idea strikes her.