•|Ahl-e-dil|• 9

•9•

The drive to the home back was particularly smooth and filled with cherished silence. Zaid didn't leave his wife's hand for a minute, holding her close as she rested her head on his shoulder. Fariya had her eyes closed while her heart was at peace after a long time.

His words.

It was his words that brought her peace.

It was his presence that brought her calmness.

She didn't know she was so addicted to him until now and the thought was both scary and heart-fluttering. Fariya had already prepared herself for every good and bad thing that came her way in this marriage, but she wasn't prepared for love.

Zaid has been nothing but patient with her, slowly crawling his way into her heart and before she knew it she had granted him access.

She has put her complete faith in her lord when she accepted Zaid as her husband, and she hasn't been disappointed.

The affection she felt for him was deep and more. She wanted to cherish him and do things for him just like he did for her. To make him feel good too.

As soon as they reached their home, Zaid's expression dropped when he saw another car parked in the lobby. Fariya noticed her husband's change of mood and decided to peek up.

The black BMW was familiar but she couldn't place where she had seen it before.

Until it hit her.

And she was left nervous when she concluded. His parents were home.

They walked out of the car in silence, the workers carrying the bags following them to their room. Fariya was a nervous wreck. What was she supposed to make of it, when her father and mother-in-law were home days after their wedding for the first time?

And Zaid's obvious displeasure didn't put her at ease either.

She stared at the huge bags and her turmoiled increased. Zaid has forced these clothes upon her, declaring that she is the only one on whom he likes to spend at and will continue to do so because it's her right. She tried to return a few back but the man was adamant.

"Mum is home," Zaid said quietly, lying in the bed and stretching his legs wide. He had a tired expression on his face while his body ached. He had been awake since 4 in the morning and hadn't taken rest for even a while.

He had woken up in the night, when he didn't feel Fariya beside him, only to see his wife praying Tahajud. One look at her divine figure and his heart skipped a beat. She had looked at him so earnestly, her expressive eyes calling for him and Zaid felt compelled to go to her. And much to her delight, she found her husband next to her, praying Tahajud. She couldn't help but kiss his forehead when he was done. She was proud of him.

Zaid hadn't been a very practicing Muslim, skipping a few prayers daily but whenever he found his wife praying he would feel the urge to pray too. Whenever she recited the Quran, he would stop his work and listen to her. Her voice was magical, with perfect qiraat he was spelled.

And now that he was so tired, Fariya felt her pity for the poor man. She walked up to him slowly and stood near his feet at the edge of the bed. She crouched down held his leg and pulled out his shoe.

Zaid's closed eyes shot open and he jerked up. "What are you doing?"

His eyes were wide as he saw her gently holding his feet and removing the socks. He tried to pull away his legs but she didn't let him. Stopping him with a stern expression, she removed his socks and shoes, knowing he had terrible back pain because of his workload. She had seen him take multiple tablets and felt like he was practically living in them.