•|Sayonee|•3

“I want to wake up with you the rest of  my life”

“I get up at 4 in the morning”

“Nevermind”

•3•

"I hate you!" The humorless look on Raza's face clinched his fate. Next thing he knew he was awarded a floating water bottle on board to land on his head, making him squawk in incredulity and hop from the the exceptionally pleasant couch he was idling around on. The Barfi slipped from his hand and granulated on the floor earning a bleat from him.

"What was that? 'Nice to meet you, How is my sissster-in-law?' I told you to help me, not to bring me my Sautan!" Rumaiza imitated the way he spoke with Riyaz and peered menacingly at him once again.

Raza just grappled two more Barfis and stuffed it in his mouth. The vengeful woman was a huge hazard to his appetizing Barfis!

"You are going to become his Sautan, if you are still seeking him!" Raza grumbled with a poker face. Maham doodled in his direction and clawed her way into his lap.

"Boys here are so maddening! My friends at school are better!" She groused and reached for the Barfi. Rumaiza slapped her hand away and gave her a death stare.

"Keedo ka shehar basana hai apne muh mai? Subah ki shuruaat milk shake se or din bhar bas Chocolates or icecreams pe Zinda rehna!" Both Raza and Maham exhaled loudly at Rumaiza's bluster.

[Do you want to establish a community for bugs in your mouth?  You start your day with a milkshake and stay alive on chocolates and ice creams the entire day!] 

"Phupo! Aap meri ammi toh na Bane! Mai apni ek ammi se hi tang hu!" Raza stiffled a laugh at her words and Rumaiza took a sharp breath.

[Aunt, please don't become my mother. I am already done with my own mother]

"You little-"

"Maham Hamza Qureshi, Aj tum mere haathon se peetogi!" A very frenzied Maryam's voice blasted in the entire hall, making all of them jump in dread. The other girls and the ladies stood iced in their places awaiting the drama to unravel.

[You are going to get beaten by my hands]

" Well shit, Maham!" Raza mumbled as he estranged himself from Maham. The poor girl held on to him like her life hanged on to him but the man was petrified to death with the ambiance in Maryam's eyes.

Only a fool would face Maryam in her anger.

"Chachu bacha lijiye!" Maham buried her face behind him but one murderous stare from Maryam and he shuddered. Handling Maham's hand in Maryam's, he smiled awkwardly.

[Uncle please save me!]

"Kon chachu? Kiske chachu!" Maham passed him a traitorous look, seemingly familiar anger raging in her eyes as well. Her mother caught hold of her ear and contorted it, earning a painful cry from her.

[ Uncle?  Whose uncle?! ]

"Did you or did you not use my lipstick for coloring?" She seethed and Maham had to bite down her painful voice as everyone was gaping at her.

"Mom! Let's talk somewhere private! Please" She begged and patted her lashes, giving a puppy look with her chestnut eyes -the same shade as her father's and the one Maryam was unaffected by.