38| came back to all good habits

JULIA'S POV

"He tried to talk to me last night" Theodore says and I nod. Me and Theodore started having what we call 'Riddle gossip sessions'.

"How did that go?" I ask. "Well he begged for forgivness, told me he can't lose us, basically lied to my face a LOT and then I slammed the door in his face so we're equal" a sad smile climbs it's way to my face.

"He definitely deserved that" he slightly chuckles. "Yeah" there is a short silence. It's always tough to talk about him, but we need to get it out.

"I won't deny it, J, I miss him. Like a lot. He's my best friend, a guy I ran to when Daph finally kissed me and-"

"HOLD UP, YOU RAN TO HIM AND HE SAID NOTHING TO ME ABOUT IT? I WAS SO HAPPY I REALIZED YOU TWO ARE TOGETHER AND HE DIDN'T BUT HE KNEW? UGH, I HATE YOU" I groan flopping backwards on the bed.

"Julia stop this" he looks at me with pity. "Stop what?" I feel the lump in my throat wanting to get out. "Stop going back in memories when he was good and then you think if he was good once he can be good again, he can't, you lost him, understand that"

"I know, I just- it was the best time of my life and it seems to be taken away from me, I want to remember it even if it's not same as now, it brings me comfort no matter what" I tell him fidgeting with my necklace.

He was about to say something when Daphne interrupted. "Hey, guys, wanna go to dinner?"

"Sure" I said getting up as Theodore did too. "I know you two are now all depressed and shit but get waken up, we need to keep our eyes open more then ever" she tells us.

"What? Why?" I ask and Daphne looks at Theodore, almost like she's encouraging him to say something.

"War is coming sooner than we expected and we have to be prepared" he says. My mouth falls in shock.

"War? How much time do we have before it?" I ask. "2 months, 2 and the half maximum"

"Well, shit, Theo, shit"

"What do you wanna do?" Daph asks. "How about Theodore provides with information and we try to stop the progress of the Dark Lord"

"I can't. They don't tell me anything in advance, they don't trust us. Only person that knows what happens is ... Mattheo" he lowers his head in disappointment.

"Great, only person that can help us is also the person that will never help us" I scoff throwing hands in the air.

"Maybe he would-" he starts but I interrupt "Don't even try to start" I shoot him a glare.

~

I groan dropping books on the floor as I take my seat in the Great hall. "Snape needs to be sued for boring ass teaching"

"Tell me about it" Blaise says. "You see guys this is my guy" I snap my fingers at Blaise as he laughs and we fist bump.

"Theodore, you're awfully quiet, are you sick? What kind of sick joke is this?" Tom asks.

I turn to look at Theo who really doesn't look like himself. "Tell me what was last time you saw Mattheo?" he asks and we all think.

One and a half week. One and a half week passed since last time I saw him.

"A fucking long time" Tom says nodding his head. "Yeah, he didn't left his dorm for a week already" Theodore stares at blank spot on table.

"He's attending Dark Lord meetings more" Draco points out. "When I see him there, he looks like he haven't sleept in days, just like he started to be before the chaos, you know when he and you, Julia, well..."

"Broke up" I continue and he nods looking at the desk ashamed. "It's fine, Draco, it was long time ago"

"Well, we can't let him go insane again, right?" Ivy asks looking at all of us. We just lowered our heads as I responded "There's nothing we can do about it"

"He picked a side, long time ago. We have to respect his decision" Daph says and Theodore just drops his fork, stands up and leaves as we look after him.

No one speaks a word, no one even moves. "I'll go after him" Daph says standing up and we all nod.

She leaves after him as I let out a deep breath. "He's tearing us all apart" I stare at the ceiling.

"We're gonna be fine. But we need a plan. In case everything goes wrong. And by the look of it, Mattheo won't be joining our side" Blaise says not looking up. Enzo is silent but we all are.

"I know" my hand slides over my head. "Does this mean Mattheo is not apart of the group anymore?" Tom asks.

"I don't think he even wants to be" I would never say that if I didn't think so.

Again. That uncomfortable silence.

"I think I'm gonna take a nap in my dorm now" I say standing up and picking up my books.

"Okay, see you" everyone says before I leave.

God, how I hate Dumbledore and his dorm arrangments. Why do I have to pass by his dorm?

How tough it is to not go in? Yes, I hate him. But he was my friend before anything else. And I still care for him.

He's ruining himself.

Just a little peak.

My hand slowly and quietly twists the door knob. I was thinking of finding him working with dark magic again but instead he is asleep at his table.

He looks like he really needs it. My heart flutters so I immediately close the door. No, I am not going back again.

Keep walking. Just keep walking and forget about him already.

•|THE END OF THIS CHAPTER|•

A/n: I don't like it

Anyway thank you for reading and commenting PLEASE VOTE ☆->★
~love, Juliette