5| distant

JULIA'S POV

"Daph, I'm telling you, he doesn't love me anymore, last time we talked was literally a week ago" I say while fidgeting with my rings.

"Maybe he's just been busy" she says giving me a sad smile. "Daph, when he's busy he always writes me an apology note so I dont have to worry" I say as we talk into the Great hall.

I take a glance at Mattheo who doesn't look even closly as his usual self. He usually looks happy and laughs at dumbass jokes Blaise says or when Theo and Enzo fight over something stupid.

He looks like a complete stranger right now. His frown is taking up the place of his smile. His usual brown hazel eyes that bring me comfort are replaced by dark circles and bags under his eyes.

He looks like he hasn't slept in days and I dont even know why. He looks so tired as he leans his head against the soft palm of his hand.

I sigh before me and Daphne walk over and take a seat opposite of him. "oooooo, the princesses have finally arrived" Theodore jokes but Mattheo doesn't bother.

He doesnt even raise his head. He just stares at his food moving it around the plate with a fork but not taking one bite.

"Mattheo can we talk for a bit?" I ask as he finally raises his head looking at me cluelessly. "Yeah, sure" he responds getting up blinking trying to get himself in reality.

We walk around the corner so we are out of sight to the whole school. "Are you okay?" I ask sincerely while placing my hands on his tough shoulders.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" he asks but lowers his head as he gets it that I can see he's been acting off.

"You have been a bit distant lately" I say as he nods. "I know I'm sorry, father is giving me tasks and it all matched with piles of homework teachers give us and I just dont have any time" he says and I nod.

"I'm sorry for you my love, you are under so much stress just let me help you with homework, its the least I can do and plus we get to spend time together" I say giving him a sad smile while placing my hand on his rosey cheek.

"No, the last thing I want is to get you in the middle of my mess. I fucked up or my childhood did, it doesnt matter. I'll be fine as long as your safe" he says taking my hand and pressing a soft gentle kiss on top of it.

"Mattheo, this isn't your fault, just please let me help" I say taking his warm hands in mine.

"I'll be fine" he says pressing a loving kiss on my forehead before pulling away and disapearing down the hallway.

~2 weeks later~

Me and Mattheo haven't spoken since then. 2 whole weeks not a single word was said.

The bags under his eyes just got worse and worse. And at this point I think he doesn't even sleep at all.

I just want to run up to him and hug me as tight as I can. I want to let him know I will never leave him.

But I don't think he would want that. I'm not sure does he even loves me anymore? Even likes me?

MATTHEO'S POV

Instructions for Dark Magic. Why the fuck does this book have 4000 pages? But I really need to learn this shit.

I flip the old used now even darkish page for another dark spell. If there wasn't for Julia I would thought I'm turning into my father. But my feelings for her are still the same and it's only thing bringing me comfort right now.

JULIA'S POV

Even tho we share a dorm I don't sleep there for a week already. I sleep at Enzos so I could give Mattheo more space.

I knock on what now seems to be only his dorm but I get no response. Doors don't open, no one says a thing.

I just walk in. I didn't know what else to do? To stand at the door of my own room well supposed to be my room.

He doesn't even notice someone's inside. He's at his table with piles of paper everywhere around him. The table, floor, bed; everywhere.

He looks so stressed. He's trying to be awake but his eyes are not cooperating. His hands are supporting both sides of his head.

He's reading some book. By the look of the amount of papers he has, I don't think he will go to sleep any time soon.

"Mattheo" I say but he doesn't turn. He doesn't bother, he doesn't flinch, he stays at the same spot as before and if there wasn't for his response I would have think he didn't even hear me.

"Yes?" it's all he mumbles. I slowly walk over and gently place my hand on his back but he doesn't even acknowledge it.

"Mattheo, you need to take a break" I say. "I don't have time, I need to do this" he says as he flips the new page.

"You need sleep and food too" I say. "Julia, I can't right now" he says shortly. Coldly.

I can't help but wonder will I ever get my Mattheo back? Will it come back to where we were? Is this a temporary phase? I guess only time will tell. But I refuse to wait.

"Mattheo, one short break of 5 minutes won't hurt, come on" I say massaging his shoulders. He leans his head back and smiles.

It's the first time I saw him smile in these 2 months. It makes everything in me melt and my heart flutter.

"Sorry but I can't" he says turning back to his papers. I sigh in defeat. "I'm going to take a shower" I say and he mumbles okay.

This is how I know that Mattheo I knew isn't here anymore. But I will get him back no matter by what took.

•|THE END OF THIS CHAPTER|•

A/n: ooo, I smell drama.

Anyway thank you for commenting and reading please vote ☆->★
~love, Juliette