23| rehearsal

JULIA'S POV

I got here half an hour before everyone else to make sure everything has been set plus to be earlier then Riddle.

Other started to arrive too. But unfortunately for me Riddle was first. "Well, I wasn't late, too bad you can't kick me out now" he smirks.

"I could if you continue being annoying" I respond with a scoff. I'm still turned to doorway.

Soon enough everyone has arrived and we can start with a rehearsal. "Okay, Daph, do you know how to work as director?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah, I do" she says and I nod. "Good cause you're doing that now" I say and she nods.

~

First few scenes we somehow managed to go through. Me and Riddle till now didn't have encounter. But now the ball scene.

We circle across the ballroom and our eyes finally meet. There is a burning fire anyone can see. That fire only being an act.

My lips slightly part as I take in a deep breath. Our eyes don't break eye contact for a second.

Our eye contact breaks when I'm supposed to dance with someone else. He's still staring at me.

But before I knew it he steals me away. Takes my hand in his while we are dancing around in circle.

He pulls back then closer again. Our fingers interlock together. As we dance not breaking eye contact.

Thick tension is just raising even more in the air. My breath is uneven. Perhaps because I'm getting tired.

We dance not once leaving each others eyes. Dance full of passion and love. At least what it seemed. But it was actually hate.

After the dance ends comes the worst part. He takes my hand and leads me away from the dance floor.

Somewhere no one will see us. Well not see Romeo and Juliet. But since we're acting of course the audience has to see us.

He walks closer. He's so close I can feel his hot breath on my waist. He lifts up his hands and slowly removes mask from my face.

He turns away and puts the mask on the fireplace before turning back to me and taking my hand in his.

"I fear I've defiled your hands, which are like a holy shrine to me, by touching them with my own unworthy hands." he says.

And then he kisses me.

At first it will soft and gentle but then got more passionate, longing, desperate. "You kiss by the book" I say as we pull away.

"Your madam" someone interrupts and I immediately turn my head around. The scene has ended soon.

"Short pause" Daphne says as I nod getting off the stage. I take my bottle of water as I'm dehydrated from dancing.

"So" Riddle says leaning on the wall next to me. "Am I a good Romeo?" he asks smirking.

"Great one" I say sarcastically while rolling my eyes. "You wouldn't admit it even if I was dying" he says chucking shaking his head.

"Nope, pause is ending, we need to get on stage" I say pushing past him to get on stage.

"We are now doing balcony scene so get us the right scenery" Daphne says to Draco and Tom who sigh carrying things up.

Now I'm on the balcony, waiting.

MATTHEO'S POV

I have the opening scene and then I spot her. "Wait, it is my lady" I say. This all is kinda too awkward for me.

"Oh, it is my love" I say. Romeo or should I say I then have a short speech about her I mean Juliet's beauty.

She speaks and I rush closer to balcony to hear her better. "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo, deny thy father and refuse thy name or if thou will not, be but sworn my love and I'll no longer be a Capulet" she speaks. Her voice soft as a gentle breeze.

"Shall I hear more or should I speak at this?" I mumble to myself but loud enough for audience to hear.

"Tis but thy name that is my enemy" she continues. "Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized henceforth I never will be Romeo" I speak loudly so she'll hear.

"What man art thou that thus bescreened in night, so stumblest on my council?" she says.

"My name, dear saint, is hateful to myself because it is a enemy to thee" I say locking eyes with her again.

"Art thou not Romeo and a Montague?" she asks. "Neither far maid if either thee dislike" I respond.

"How cam'st thou hither, tell me, and wherefore? The orchard walls are high and hard to climb, and the place of death considering who thou art if any kinsmen find thee here" she says worried, acting.

"With love's light wings did I o'erperch these walls, for stony limits cannot hold love out" I respond with a smile. Fake one.

"If they do see thee, they will murder thee" she tells me. "I have night's cloak to hide me from their eyes and but thou love me, let them find me here. My life were better ended by their hate then death prorogued wanting of thy love" I say in response.

"Oh gentle Romeo if thou dost love, pronounce it faithfully, or if thou think'st I am too quickly one I'll frown and be perverse and say thee nay, in truth fair Montague I am too fond... I should have been more strange, must confess, but that thou overheard'st, ere I was ware" she says.

"Lady, by yonder blessed moon I vow" I say. "O swear not by moon, inconstant moon" she shakes her head.

"What shall I swear by?" I ask her. "Well do not swear. Although I joy in thee, I have no joy in this contract tonight, it is too rash, too unadvised, too sudden, too like the lighting, which doth cease to be, ere one can say 'it lightens". Sweet, good night." she says.

"CUT" Daphne yells. "It's perfect" she smiles. "Although this is shortened version so we still have a lot to do till the ball"

•|THE END OF THIS CHAPTER|•

A/N: Ehm, I admire all the people in theater cause this was fucking draining. But like mostly where the fuck do I find resources?

Also I could let you have the ball in next chapter but my OCD says it has to be on circled number on exemple 25 which there will be, don't even ask

Anyways thanks for reading and commenting PLEASE VOTE ☆->★
~love, Juliette