Chapter 41

(Patrick's POV) 

    I am stressed. The weather rerouted Pete and I's flight to Okalama City. We went to visit some family for our two off days. I make a video apologizing for being late. 

  "Why did I have to make the video?" I ask as I lean on my husband. We're on our way to the venue from the airport. 

  "The fans can't stay mad at you even if they want to. They'll still get the full set." He rubs my shoulders. 

  "I'm overthinking. I just..." I say as I look at him. 

  Pete kisses me on the cheek. "I get it. We'll be fine." 

  "It means so much to both of us and the fans. The venue is making the venue curfew later." I state. 

  "Exactly. We've got this. I love you." He states. 

  "I love you too. I really hope you are ready for this. I can't do my full routine to get ready." I say. 

  "Neither can I." he looks into my eyes. "We still got this." 

   We arrive at the venue and get out of the car. We go inside and start changing and getting ready to go on stage. We join Joe and Andy and do out before show traditions. I kiss Pete. "I love you." 

 Pete kisses me back. "I love you too." 

   We go on stage. I still love what I do. I have changed so much over the past twenty years. I'm more confident in who I am. I am willing to play and sing every song we have ever put out. I love who I do this with. These three men are my family. We have gone through so much together as a band and friends. 

  We get back on the bus and shower. "Do you want to go out and meet the fans?" Pete asks me. We've been going out and meeting some our fans if we can. 

  "Let me shower and then I'll join you." I state. 

  "Was that a yes?" He asks. 

   "Yes. Then we're sleeping or fucking." I smirk as I get in the shower. 

  "Alright. I'm gonna go ahead and go." He says. 

   "Okay. I won't be too far behind." I state. I take my shower. I really love meeting the fans. We started meeting fans again because we're more comfortable now. Some stuff happened to make us stop. We are ready to do it so we have been. It feels great to hear what the band means to people. 

  I join Pete and go out of the tour bus. We take turns talking and taking pictures with fans. I love that our music makes such a huge impact on our fans. The band means a lot to me. It saved my life. It's saved Pete's life. It's saved our fans and helped them heal. It's helped us heal. I also sign some stuff for fans too.