Chapter 15

I love the extra time that Pete and I are having. We do live alone when we get back but its still nice. I'm watching him breathe while he sleeps. I wore him out earlier. I woke up from my nap first. 

  "You're comfy." Pete says as he wakes up. "You weren't watching me sleep, were you?" 

   "No what makes you say that?" I lock my true blue eyes onto his whiskey hazel ones. 

  "The way that you're looking at me. You're really in love with me huh?" He teases. 

  "I am. Massively in love with you. In the twenty-two years I've known you, that love keeps growing." I say. 

  "Who's the cliche now?" He winks at me. 

  "You're rubbing off on me. I mean it. I'm so massively in love with you." I kiss him deeply. 

  He kisses me back. "We could explore today." He suggests. 

  "We could. Let's get ready to explore Berlin." I get up off the bed. "Its our last day here." 

  He gets up. "That's why I suggested that. I figured you wanted to do some before we leave." 

  "You are right. I do." I get dressed. 

  "You and me. You look the happiest I've ever seen you." He says as he gets dressed. 

  "I am the happiest I've ever been. This album and this tour have been very healing for me. For all of us. You and I are back together. So I am." I grab my phone and wallet. 

  He grabs his phone and wallet. "I'm the happiest that I've ever been. This whole era has been healing for us. I know how lucky I am." 

  I take his hand in mine. "We're both lucky. We have each other." 

  He interlocks his fingers with mine. "We do." 

  "Til death do us part this time." I squeeze his hand. 

   He squeezes my hand back. "Keep you like an oath. You are my other half." 

  "You're mine." I say as we walk out of our hotel room to start exploring the city. Berlin is a beautiful place. I love that we decided to stay a few extra days. I'm glad to have this time together like this. We get to relax here. 

  "Where first?" He asks me. 

  "I have an idea." I start leading the way to one of my favorite places here. 

  "I should've known that you would bring us here." He says kissing my cheek. 

  "Yes." I sit down on the grass. 

  "It is beautiful here. Of course you're more beautiful." he says to me.