Chapter 36

(Pete's POV) 

   My alarm goes off which wakes Patrick and I up. I can tell that he's tired. We get dressed to head to the airport to pick up Leo. The drive there Patrick and I talk and listen to the radio. 

  "I hope this goes well." I state. 

  "It will. He loves you. You're a fantastic dad." Patrick says, leaning on the car. 

  Leo comes to the car. "Hi dads." 

   "You said dads." I say as I help my son with the bags. 

  Leo nods. "I did yes. You're both my dads." 

  Patrick has a smile on his face. "That means a lot to me." He says. 

  "I'm really glad to have you as a son." I state. 

  Leo smiles. "There's a reason I want to visit besides missing my dads." 

  Patrick looks at us. "I am glad you're visiting." 

   We don't say much on the way home. I can tell that there's a lot on our minds lately. I look at Patrick while he drives. He's really thinking hard about something. I really love the family that we have. 

  "You mean a lot to me." I tell Patrick when we get home. 

  Patrick smiles. "You mean a lot to me." He states. 

  "I love you." I kiss him. 

  "I love you too." He kisses me back. 

  "You two are cute." Leo states. 

  We pull away. "Thanks. What's on your mind?" I ask. 

  "I want Patrick to adopt me." Leo says looking at Patrick. "Mom is on board with it." 

  Patrick bites his lip. I can see the gears turning in his head. He's thinking hard about it. "I'm flattered. You want me to adopt you?" He asks. He's surprised. 

  "You sure your mom is okay with this?" I ask. 

  "She is. I have always thought of you as my dad, Patrick." Leo says. 

  "I have to think about it." Patrick states. 

    ~Three Days Later~ 

  Leo goes home today. He also was only visiting for a couple of days. Patrick looks at me. "I made the right decision." He says.