Chapter 1

(Patrick's POV) 

    The band has been busy lately. I love this era that we're in. Our new album was such a huge success in every way. The tour has been going well so far. I love what I do. 

  In 2021 my life changed quite a bit. I divorced from my wife after realizing where my true heart is. I realized that I never stopped loving Pete. I moved in with Pete after the divorce. Him and his girlfriend broke up during that time too. We're still both single. 

  "When are you telling Pete how you feel?" Joe asks me. 

  Joe and I are having lunch together. "I..I honestly don't know. He's my best friend." I state. Pete and I have a history of dating off and on. Lately I don't know where his heart is. 

  "Yes but he's also clearly so in love with you. There's a reason your relationships haven't lasted." Joe says. 

  "I'm still in love with him but I don't know if he feels the same way." I say, playing with my hands. 

  "Patrick, he still loves you. Even the fans see it." He states. 

  "Don't mind me about that.." I trail off. "The fans tend to see what they want to see." I pause. "I don't know how to approach the situation to be honest." 

  "You and Pete are meant to be." He states as he eats. "If Andy and I have smack sense into you two to get it to happen then we will." 

"I'm not one for making the first move." I state as I eat my lunch. I'm a lot more confident in myself than I ever have been. I'm still scared to put my heart out there. Its a scary thought. I also know that Pete knows me better than anyone. He'll know something's wrong. 

  After lunch we head back to the venue. We're only two weeks into this tour. Its been amazing so far. Andy and Pete are in deep conversation when we see them. 

  "Hey! How was lunch?" Andy asks me. 

  "It was good. I feel like we all needed to catch up." I answer. 

  "You mean away from Patrick and I?" Pete says as he looks at me. 

  "Yes actually." Joe states. Joe and Andy go off to their dressing rooms. Pete and I walk off to ours. 

  "Trick, I know that something is bothering you." Pete says as we get into the dressing room. 

  "Nothing is bothering me." I say as I make my tea.

  "Patrick Martin Vaughn Stump, I know when you're lying. You're lying. Talk to me." He says. 

  I grab my tea and sit down. "What makes you think that something is wrong?" I ask him. 

  "Because I know you and can tell when you are upset." He states. 

   "Yeah there is something going on but I can't tell you."  I say. 

  "Yes you can tell me." He says. 

  "There's just a lot on my mind." I say. 

  "Don't do that." He says. 

  "Do what?" I ask as I drink my tea. 

  "Downplay how you're feeling." He says. "We've been best friends for over two decades. You can talk to me about anything. Always. I'm not going anywhere." He promises to me. 

  "I know that but I don't want to talk about it right now." I say as I start my warmups. 

  "Then we won't." He knows not to push me. 

  "Thank you. I'm really lucky to have you as my best friend Pete." I state, looking down at the last part. I want more for us but I just..I can't say it. I do love that he's my best friend though. He's always supported me when I needed it. Even when we weren't together he supported me. He came to a lot of my solo shows to be there for me. I really struggled during then but Pete helped me through it. I am still his biggest supporter and always will be. 

  "I'm the lucky one." He says. 

  "We have a show to do." I say as I finish my warmups. "I'm glad you think so though." I say, 

  He nods. "I don't think so Pattycakes. I know how lucky I am to have you." 

  "You are amazing Petey but I'll smack you the next time you call me that." I say as we get backstage. 

  "Maybe I want you to." I say as we get backstage. 

  "Maybe I want you to." He winks at me. I roll my eyes at him. 

  Andy high fives me and we all take turns. "We'll be amazing." Andy states. 

  Joe looks between Pete and I. "This will be an amazing show. The fans have no clue what we've got in store for them tonight." 

  Pete puts his bass around his shoulders. "This will be one of our best shows yet." He gives his pep talk to us. He does it mostly for me but I appreciate it so much. "You've got this. I believe in you." He tells me before walking out onto the stage. 

  I follow behind him. I'm really glad to hear him say that. It gives me encouragement which I need sometimes. I smile as I sing into the mic. 

  "You were absolutely amazing." Pete tells me as we get onto the tour bus. 

  "Thanks Pete. I'm glad you think so." I say as I take my shower. 

  "You were though. I'm really glad that you have fun onstage." He says as he gets into his bunk. 

  "I'm much more comfortable onstage now." I say as I get out of the shower and change. "I can feel you staring." 

"I'm not staring." Pete states. 

  "You are." I say as I get into my bunk.