Chapter 4

I am nervous for Pete and I's date tonight. I have no clue what he has planned which makes me nervous. Pete can be a menace which I love and hate at the same time. I'm glad that it's a day off. I can relax a little easier. 

  "You seem nervous." Pete says to me. 

   "I might be. I haven't been on a date in a long time." I say. 

  Pete gently rubs my shoulder. "Neither have I. We're in this together. It will be a lovely night." He promises me. 

  "You sure?" I ask him. 

  "Yes I'm sure. Its you and I having a fancy dinner." He says. "We should start getting ready." 

  I bite my lip. "Okay. You're right its just us." I pause. "Formal wear?" 

  He nods. "Yes formal. I did say fancy." 

  "You did." I say as I start hunting through my luggage to find a nice suit in my suitcase. I go into the bathroom to take a shower. I am worried that tonight won't go well. I remember that this is Pete. He's my best friend. I have to remember that. 

  I finish my shower and start to get dressed. I love Pete. That scares me but I can't stay that way. He's the one person who knows me better than anyone else. Always has been. 

  "You look handsome." He tells me. 

  I smile at him. "So do you." 

  "Thank you. Ready to go?" He asks me. 

  "Yes." I say as I stand up. 

  He grabs his wallet. "Alright let's go on our date." 

  We walk out of our hotel room to go to our destination. I let Pete lead the way since he made the arrangements. 

  "Its just me. Relax Pattycakes." He says as we get to the restaurant. 

  "I'm trying to." I state. "I hate that nickname." 

  He grins at me. "I like it." He says as we sit down at our table. 

  "You and your nicknames." I say as I look through the menu. 

  "Please you love them. Whether you admit that to yourself or not is up to you." He says. 

  I smile at him. "Some of them I do like. Just not all of them." I say. I am glad to have Pete though. 

  "You mean a lot to me Trick." He says as he reaches across under the table to grab my thigh. 

  "You mean a lot to me Pete. I'm glad to have you." I can feel myself starting to relax the more we go through dinner. I'm comfortable around Pete. He knows how to make me feel safe. I'm slowly letting my walls come down again. I rarely have them up when I'm around him. There's a reason that we're best friends. 

  "I'm the lucky one." He says. 

  After dinner we go for a walk through downtown. Its a gorgeous night out. I take his hand in mine as we walk. 

  He interlaces our fingers. "Its a beautiful, perfect night out." 

  I look him in the eyes. "It is a perfect night." I agree with him. 

  "I know you said you want to take it slow.." He pauses. "Will you be my boyfriend?" 

  Yes. I will be your boyfriend." I say. "We should get back to our hotel." I say, squeezing his hand. 

  We start walking back to our hotel room. I want to spend as much of our alone time in the room as we can. I love Pete and I'm ready for more. 

  "I want to be your boyfriend." I say as we get into our hotel room. 

  "I'm glad you want that." He states. 

  "I do. So kiss me hard." I say as I get onto the bed. 

  He gets on top of me and kisses me deeply. I kiss him back deeply, running my hands through his long hair. I like his long hair. "I love you Patrick Stump." He states. 

  "I love you too Pete Wentz." I say back. 

  He smiles at me. "I want you. I never stopped loving you." 

  I change out of my suit and into my PJ's. "I never stopped loving you. You have always had my heart." 

  "Same here. We will take this at your speed though." He says. "You've always had my heart." 

  I cuddle into his side. "You are the one for me. I'm sorry it took me so long to get there again." I say. I can feel the tears coming. 

  "Trick, you are the love of my life. I would've waited several lifetimes for you." He plays with my hair. "I didn't want to push you. I was being patient with you." 

  "I appreciate and love you for that." I kiss him on the cheek. 

  "I knew you would come around." He says. "You're amazing." 

  "Thank you. You always made me feel special. You still do." I start crying. 

  "You deserve to feel special. What's wrong?" He asks me as he sees my tears. 

  "Nothing is wrong. I'm feeling very loved right now." I say. I haven't felt this love in years. I'm really lucky to have him. "Hey Petey." 

  "Hmm?" He looks me in the eyes. 

  "Will you be my boyfriend?" I ask him. 

  He kisses me sweetly. "Yes I will. We should get some sleep." 

  I kiss him back. "We should." I pull the blankets over us.