Chapter 114: Promoted To Special Jonin

Start from the beginning

Sarutobi Hiruzen handed a scroll to Mutsuki, patting Mutsuki's shoulder with a kind smile and saying, "Jonin Mutsuki, I hope you will continue to work hard in the future, nurturing the next generation for Konoha. The future of Konoha depends on you young people."

The promotion to Special Jonin was something Sarutobi Hiruzen had agreed upon with Mutsuki from the very beginning. As long as Mutsuki could achieve results with this summer special training, he could be promoted to Special Jonin.

In fact, when Mutsuki handed over the performance data to Sarutobi Hiruzen, he had already decided to promote Mutsuki.

So everything about his promotion was prepared in advance. As long as there were no problems, he would promote Mutsuki on the spot.

Promotion to Jonin and Special Jonin is difficult, very difficult. It requires completing many tasks, accumulating merits, possessing extraordinary talents, and superhuman strength.

But in essence, it's simple. As long as Sarutobi Hiruzen is willing, he can directly promote a Genin to Jonin.

Having held the position of Hokage for decades, he has the authority to make decisions without question.

However, for the credibility of Konoha and the value of Jonin, Sarutobi Hiruzen will certainly not casually promote Ninjas to Jonin.

"Thank you, Third-sama, for your appreciation. I will devote all my energy to teaching students and cultivating stronger Ninjas for Konoha," Mutsuki said, receiving the scroll with a touched expression.

Although he didn't have any special feelings inside, there were so many people present, he had to show gratitude.

"Jonin..." Chitani Isamu's eyes widened, looking at Mutsuki with envy.

Even though Special Jonin are not Jonin, they are the top among Ninjas and can participate in Jonin meetings to discuss various matters.

Combined, there are only two Jonin among the Academy sensei. The Leader of the teaching staff is a Jonin, while the Vice Leader is a Special Jonin. The rest, including grade directors and office directors, are all Chunin.

Watching Mutsuki, who is a few years younger and has only recently become a ninja school teacher, become a Special Jonin, Chitani Isamu couldn't help but feel extremely envious.

If he were a Special Jonin, maybe it would be easier to chase girls.

"So quickly promoted," Ueda Aya also expressed surprise. Although she knew that Mutsuki's teaching level would eventually lead to a promotion, she didn't expect it to happen so soon.

Upon careful consideration, it seems reasonable. Leading a class with such outstanding results for a year and also initiating special summer training to enhance the strength of graduating students.

The Chunin senseis all looked at Mutsuki with envy.

However, envy was the only emotion they could feel. After all, Mutsuki's achievements were real. They didn't have the confidence to achieve such results if they were in his position.

After seeing Mutsuki's and the other Chunin's expressions, Sarutobi Hiruzen nodded inwardly.

Promoting Mutsuki directly to Special Jonin like this would not only make Mutsuki particularly grateful to him, but other Chunin would also think highly of the Third Hokage's ability to identify talent. In the future, they would work even harder in their teaching duties in hopes of promotion.

This was a good thing that could be achieved with just a little preparation in advance.

"Hey, what are the students doing over there?" a sensei asked curiously.