eighteen.

❦

"Eomma, Appa, this is Nali," Jungwon introduced with a smile.

Nali immediately bowed, 90 degrees, in front of the two parents.

"Mr. Yang, Mrs. Yang, it is an honor to meet you," Nali said politely, nodding her head in appreciation.

"ah Nali, you are so beautiful," Mrs. Yang complimented with a bright smile. Nali could see where Jungwon got his smile from. 

"please come in," Mr. Yang said, "Jungwon said that you wanted to enter the business industry, right?"

"yes, Mr. Yang," Nali said.

"which university are you planning on going?"

"Korea University, to get my business major," Nali replied, "a couple of my other friends are going there as well."

"Jungwon, you found yourself a good girlfriend," Mrs. Yang nudged Jungwon lightly on the shoulder as the male blushed furiously, "do you want to come in and have tea?"

"of course," Nali smiled as Jungwon led her to the dining room, leaving the Yang parents behind.

"she is really good for Jungwon," Mrs. Yang chuckled, "I really underestimated Nali, she would be a good daughter-in-law."

"smart and hard-working," Mr. Yang added, "they will rise the company together."

"why did we even pick Jiwoo now?" Mrs. Yang asked amusingly, "we must have been delusional back then."

"I don't know what we were thinking," Mr. Yang chuckled as he headed towards the dining room with his wife.

"Jungwon is taking over the company after he graduates from Yonsei," Mr. Yang informed Nali, "and he's going to start being an intern to prepare for it. so, we were wondering if you would want to become an intern with him."

Nali's eyes widened, "I---of course! it's an honor to be asked to become an intern at your company, Mr. Yang."

"you don't have to call us that," Mr. Yang chuckled, "just Ajumma and Ajusshi is fine."

Nali nodded politely, bowing again.

"you are really well-mannered, Nali," Mrs. Yang complimented.

"thank you, Ajumma," Nali smiled, her shoulders slowly becoming more relaxed.

Jungwon had a proud smile on his face, knowing that Nali won his parents' hearts.

"that was so scary in the beginning," Nali shivered, "but your parents are nice."

"they like you too much," Jungwon chuckled but then pouted, "they treated you better than me."

Nali giggled softly, leaning her head on Jungwon's shoulder, "they love you so much, I'm sure. they're just scared because I don't deserve you."

"what do you mean??? I don't deserve you," Jungwon said sincerely as he played with her hands.

"every parent wants their child to have the best partner," Nali smiled, "and I'm glad that I was deemed alright in their eyes, even though I need a lot more improvement."

Jungwon replied, "you're already perfect in my eyes."

Nali blushed as she hit Jungwon on the shoulder lightly, "stop flirting, Yang Jungwon!"

"but I was being honest," Jungwon said with a teasing smile as he kissed Nali softly.

meanwhile, the single friends, Heeseung and Sunghoon were spying on all of the couples again.

they knew that Iseul and Sunoo were at the cafe on a date, so they secretly booked a table there and took pictures of them.

they knew that Jay and Yunhee were at a fancy restaurant, and so, even though Heeseung winced at Jay kissing his sister, the two took pictures of them.

they knew that Jina and Jake were at the science museum, glorifying over how Physics and math caused everything in life.

and they knew that Reina and Niki were at an arcade, playing the asses off.

but they also knew that Jungwon and Nali were at the park after their dinner with Jungwon's parents, so they went there to take the newest adorable pictures of them.

when they were heading home, a figure suddenly tapped Sunghoon the back.

"hi? sir, you dropped your wallet," the girl huffed as she handed Sunghoon's wallet back to him.

Sunghoon's eyes widened on shock when he felt his pockets and realize that his wallet wasn't on him.

"oh my god, thank you so much~!" Sunghoon thanked profusely, nodding his head at the girl.

"you're welcome," the girl smiled softly as she turned to walk away.

"I---what's your name?" Sunghoon stuttered as Heeseung watched the younger male with amusement.

"Choi Sooyun," the girl said, turning her head back a little, showing her beautiful smile, before she walked away.

"damn. you're in love, Hoon," Heeseung chuckled, pointing at Sunghoon's dazed glance, "looks like I'm going to be the only single brother in the whole group now."