thirteen.

❦

"Jungwon??? What's wrong?" Nali asked with concern when she noticed Jungwon's sad and gloomy expression the next day.

"my--my parents," Jungwon sighed as he broke down crying in Nali's arms.

Nali did not speak. Instead, she held Jungwon tightly, embracing the boy continuously in a warm hug.

"hey hey, I'm here, alright," Nali cooed softly.

It was just the two of them.

Jungwon and Nali.

Nali and Jungwon.

No one else.

"Sunghoon, you did this wrong again," Nali chuckled as she pointed out the boy's mistake, "stop daydreaming, dude."

"not everyone can be that smart like you," Sunghoon sassed, "looks are more importa--"

"when you get kidnapped by someone, looks aren't going to matter anymore," Nali pointed out. She looked at Sunghoon, who was deep in thought before his eyes lit up.

"but what happens when my kidnapper--"

"this is not some sort of cliche story, Sunghoon--"

"y'know, it can happen? My kidnapper falls in love with me because I'm too handsome..."

"I beg to differ."

"how--how---how dare you!"

"when did you become such a pain in the arse?"

"right now." Sunghoon grinned.

Nali rolled her eyes in disbelief, "anyways, come on, you better finish that homework first."

"yes ma'am."

"look! Jungwon's there," Sunoo pointed to Jungwon in a cafe with another girl.

Nali was just staring at them blankly. Her head was spinning and her heart was beating fast. She'll admit it, it did not feel good to see Jungwon with another girl that they're not familiar with. 

"wait, isn't that Choi Jiwoo? his taekwondo friend?" Heeseung questioned with a glance at the two people, who were sitting in the cafe laughing with coffee cups in their hands.

Nali watched as Jiwoo, who accidentally spilled some of the hot liquid on her hand, yelped softly, instantly putting down the cup with a bang.

The cup spilled all over the table, all of the steaming hot contents dripping from the side of the table.

She watched as Jungwon immediately rushed towards Jiwoo's side and picked her up away from the coffee. Jiwoo wrapped her arms around Jungwon's neck in fear as the owner came up to the two.

"dears, you two look good together, don't worry about the mess, Mr. Yang, it will be cleaned up," the owner smiled kindly as he let the two off, "go and change, alright?"

The two nodded as Jungwon put Jiwoo down, both of them exiting the cafe.

"let's get ourselves some clothes to wear," Nali heard Jungwon chuckle to Jiwoo, booping her nose.

"it's fine, Jungwon, we can go home, you don't have to buy--" Jiwoo protested with pouted lips.

"don't worry about it, Jiwoo, let me treat you," Jungwon beamed as he grabbed the girl's hand and led her towards a nearby clothing store.

"hey hey, Nali, you alright, you're spacing out???" Sunghoon asked, waving his hand in front of the girl, who was zoning out.

Blinking, Nali replied with soft, "yeah."

"you like Jungwon, right?" Sunghoon asked, his voice not judging nor harsh. However, his words struck reality.

"I think I do," Nali whispered, "but I think I'm too late."

"Nali, it's never too late," Sunghoon assured with a sympathetic smile on his face, "and besides, you don't know how Jungwon feels about you."

"Jungwon likes you very much," Heeseung told the girl, "always has, always will."

Nali did not believe the boy. Her blank stare at him says so.

"believe him, Nali," Jake assured, "he loves you so much. It's getting quite annoying how he rambles on and on about how kind, smart, beautiful, honest, loyal, brave, and awesome you are."

"remember the one time he called us at one in the morning to just tell us 'why is Nali so beautiful?'" Jay sniffed dramatically.

Nali blushed, covering her face with her hands. She wanted to deny reality, but it was all true.

I feel so single right now.

I'm in 9th grade right now, and the kids in my class are already talking about dating and confessing to their crush lmao XD

me and my single ass could never...

Clarisse