seven.

❦

"this is my girlfriend, Ahn Kyung-Mi," Mr. Bae introduced with a smile on his face, his arm wrapped around a pretty woman's waist.

"it's nice to meet you, Kyung-Mi-sshi," Nali said with a voice lacking emotion.

"you don't have to call me like that, calling me imo is fine," Kyung-Mi smiled sweetly. It made Nali wanted to puke and run away.

"okay," Nali replied. If it was like that, she would rather not even address the woman at all. The girl felt nothing but betrayal from her Appa. How could he move on from Eomma so fast? Couldn't he wait until after her funeral?

"Seoul is nice," Mr. Bae commented, "I'm still used to Busan though."

"you'll get used to it soon, Appa," Nali said with fake assurance.

"I can cook for you two right now," Kyung-Mi offered.

"don't worry about it," Nali waved it off with a polite smile, "I already ate dinner."

"when?" Kyung-Mi's smile dropped, just slightly.

"I went to Jungwon's house for dinner," Nali replied nonchalantly to her Appa.

"whose Jungwon?" Mr. Bae questioned, "is he a boy—"

Nali sighed. She should have accepted this ages ago. Her Appa really didn't know her. 

"Yunhee," Nali muttered on her phone.

"unnie! What's up?" Yunhee's cheerful voice asked.

"my Appa moved on already, it's not even my Eomma's funeral yet," Nali cried, her heart aching for her mother as she clasped tightlly on the airplane necklace.

"that fucking son of a bitch," Yunhee cursed, "I knew that he was up to no good. Your Eomma deserved so much better than him."

"he--he didn't even acknowledge my Eomma," Nali whispered, her voice cracking, "I think he hated her, he never did love her."

"I swear that motherfucker is up to no good," Yunhee warned, "if he hated your Eomma, he would have left you by yourself."

"Yunhee, you smartass," Nali said in wonder, "he's probably going to use me for his company!"

"oh my god you're right!" Yunhee exclaimed as she warned, "don't let him break you."

"hell no," Nali said, "I'm breaking him for what he did to my Eomma."

"my daughter, here's a credit card," Mr. Bae smiled as he handed Nali a credit card.