four.

❦

"Nali, have you heard?" Jungwon asked excitedly the next day.

"what's wrong?" Nali yawned as she ran to catch up with the male.

"there's a field trip to Jeju Island for all of the juniors and seniors!" Jungwon exclaimed happily.

"shit, I forgot we're all seniors now," Nali cursed, "why are we all so old?"

"dunno," Jungwon laughed, "time flies by."

"at least Yunhee's coming," Nali smiled thoughtfully.

"for Jay," Jungwon sniggered.

"this year's officially couple year," Nali sighed, "Iseul and Sunoo, Reina and Niki, Jay and Yunhee—"

"we're still single," Jungwon stated.

"don't worry Wonny, we'll find a nice girl or boy for you soon," Nali winked.

But she's in front of me right now, Jungwon thought.

"you will be sharing a room with a dorm-mate—" Mrs. Jeon informed the auditorium filled with seniors and juniors, "and you can chose who you bunk up with. Doesn't have to be the same gender as long as both people agree to it."

Jay and Yunhee immediately paired up together. While Iseul and Sunoo and Reina and Niki did the same.

"Jungwon?" Nali asked.

"is that even a question, Nali, of course we're together," Jungwon deadpanned.

Nali chuckled lightly as she interlocked her fingers with Jungwon's.

Only Sunghoon, Jake, and Heeseung didn't have partners left.

Jina, the kind girl in their class, offered to pair with Jake, who agreed.

Which left Sunghoon and Heeseung together.

"all of our friends have girls, except for us two," Heeseung sighed.

"at least you had a girlfriend before," Sunghoon pointed out.

"but look at her now," Heeseung whispered longingly, pointing to Haeun at the other side of the auditorium smiling softly at her boyfriend.

"Heeseung, if you truly love her, just be happy for her," Sunghoon advised.

"I just--I shouldn't have let her go," Heeseung's voice cracked a bit as he buried his face in his hands.

Sunghoon reached over to wrap his arm around Heeseung's shoulders, "don't worry, hyung, you will get her back someday."