sixteen.

❦

"be careful, darling!" Jungwon called as he immediately went to Nali's side to help her. The girl was wobbling a bit from her still-healing injuries. Her left leg was all healed, but her right leg was still injured.

"Jungwon, you shouldn't be with me." Nali lowered her head in shame.

"why? you're my girlfriend though," Jungwon smiled adorably as he kissed Nali softly on the cheek.

Nali asked, "what will Jiwoo and your parents think?" 

"I don't care," Jungwon replied, "I'm canceling that arrangement. To be honest, my parents can't really kick me out of the family anyways because I'm their only child and heir to the company."

"I promise that I'll make them think that I'm worthy for you," Nali said as she held out her pinky.

Jungwon chuckled, "you don't need to. because you're already enough for me."

"I love Nali, and she's my girlfriend now," Jungwon told his parents that evening.

Both of their eyes widened as Jungwon's mother dropped her spoon on the floor.

"but why? we arranged you with Jiwoo," Jungwon's father said calmly.

"Eomma, Appa, please let me be with her. she's the best thing that happened to me. she's a smart, hardworking, kind, and loyal woman, and I know it, because she's been with me since we were kids. sure, she's the daughter of Mr. Bae, your company competitor, but she cut ties with him already," Jungwon pleaded his parents with sorrow in his eyes, "can't you just let me be happy for once? I promise that I will work hard and become a great CEO to the company when it is my turn."

"Jungwon," his mother sighed, "we'll accept it."

"you seem like you really love her," his father said with a small smile, "I'll cancel the arrangement. it seems that Nali could help you and the company."

"thank you, Eomma! thank you, Appa!" Jungwon cried as he hugged his parents tightly.

he had finally found his happiness.

"DIDN'T YOU PROMISE TO LOVE ME???!!" Jiwoo yelled at the boy the next day at school when she noticed that Jungwon entered with Nali, who was on crutches, her right leg in a cast.

Jungwon replied, "Jiwoo, I only see you as a friend—"

"HOW FU—" Jiwoo was about to hit Nali with her hand but Jungwon blocked her.

"and I won't hesitate to never talk to you again if you hit my girlfriend," Jungwon's eyes flared with anger as he gently released Jiwoo's arm and walked away with Nali.

"thanks Wonnie," Nali whispered gratefully.

"always," Jungwon beamed.

"Jungwon! Catch!" Nali giggled as she finished her paper airplane.

The boy noticed that there was a note and drawing on it, with a boy and a girl.

"looks like it's decorated," Jungwon smiled when he saw what was on the plane: 'Yang Jungwon x Bae Nali forever.'

Jungwon exclaimed, "this is adorable, let's go outside and release it!" 

it was a windy day.

"it's going to fly far," Nali remarked as she quickly skipped using her crutches towards the school garden with Jungwon.

"it is," Jungwon smiled, "do you want to release it together?"

Nali beamed, "yeah, just hold on to me, I'm going to wobble—"

Jungwon put his arm around Nali's waist delicate, stabilizing her petite figure.

"three."

"two."

"one."

"GO!" the couple exclaimed as the plane flew away with the wind into the bright blue sky with no clouds in sight.

Jungwon said, "I hope that our wish will last forever."

"me too," Nali grinned softlly as she leaned her head against Jungwon's shoulder.