two.

❦

"Nali, are you ready for that math test tomorrow?" Jungwon looked up from his book to notice the girl's head sleeping on top of the Algebra textbook. Nali was fast asleep, her hair a sprawled up all over her in a beautiful mess.

The two were supposed to be studying in Nali's room, but the girl ended up falling asleep after they got to 

Smiling lightly, Jungwon carefully lifted Nali up and placed her gently on the bed. He brushed the baby hairs that were blocking Nali's face with a fond smile before he put the covers over her.

"sleep well, Nali," Jungwon whispered before he took his stuff and exited out of the room, turning the lights off behind him.

"ah, did Nali fall asleep from studying?" Mrs. Bae chuckled as she folded the newly dried clothes that were hanging near the window.

"yes, Mrs. Bae," Jungwon nodded.

"thank you for taking care of her," Mrs. Bae thanked with a smile, "I don't know how that reckless girl would survive without you."

"it's nothing," Jungwon waved it off, "I like being with Nali."

"I could tell," Mrs. Bae smirked, "take care of my daughter, alright? I would love to have you as my son-in-law."

Jungwon blushed furiously from his face to the tip of his toes.

"shit," Nali cursed, "I'm going to be late."

Jumping out from her bed, she realized that she was in the clothes from yesterday. Quickly, she changed into her uniform and put her black hair in a ponytail.

"Nali! You're going to be late!" Mrs. Bae's voice echoed from down the stairs. The smell of hot rice and kimchi went up to Nali's room as the girl ran down the stairs.

"I know, eomma!" Nali cried as she packed all of her homework and folders into her bag.

"here," Mrs. Bae gave Nali a lunchbox, "you don't have time to eat, so eat when you get to school, alright?"

"thank you eomma!" Nali smiled gratefully as she grabbed the box and ran to put on her shoes.

"always for my Nali," Mrs. Bae said warmly as she waved goodbye to her daughter.

"Bali! We're going to be late!" Jungwon was waiting at her front door with a urgent frown.