Not a happy Ending

The last game was a complete fiasco. When Harry reappeared in front of the maze with Cedric's lifeless body, panic broke out. What had happened? Nobody knew, everyone was shouting at one another.

But a few days later, when a memorial service was taking place for him in the Great Hall, Dumbledore said something that made everyone hold their breath.

"You deserve to know what happened to Cedric Diggory out there. Cedric Diggory was murdered, by Lord Voldemort," the headmaster's voice echoed through the silent hall. Y/n felt Maggy >who was sitting to her left< tense up. Immediately, y/n grabbed her friend's hand and squeezed it tightly. Olivia, who was sitting on the other side, seemed comparatively calm, but y/n also grabbed her hand. Not necessarily because she wanted to calm the girls down, but because she herself needed something to hold on to. She believed Dumbledore. What he said made sense. Everything made sense, the Death Eaters at the World Cup, now Cedric's death...

When they walked out of the hall after the ceremony, y/n suddenly spotted the twins a few steps in front of her. As if he had felt her gaze on his back, Fred turned around briefly. When their eyes met, y/n flinched. But then he just looked away again and y/n was happy about that.

Y/n and Olivia spent the last days of the school year consoling Maggy because Nikola had to leave again. Y/n wondered if the boy was really that important to Maggy, or if Maggy wanted to distract herself from what Dumbledore had said. So far they hadn't talked about what had happened to Cedric.

As the Durmstrangs and Beauxbatons were bid farewell on the morning of the last day of school, all the students gathered in the castle courtyard. After Olivia and y/n said goodbye to Nikola and his friends, they gave him and Maggy a few more minutes alone. So they leaned against a wall a little ways away.

"Those two are cute," Katie grinned in Maggy's direction as she, Angelina and Alicia joined them. Y/n was still laughing too, but only until Lee and the twins came up to them too.

Olivia was immediately on alert and positioned herself so that Fred couldn't get close to y/n. But he didn't even try to do that, just as he didn't try to look at her. She, on the other hand, couldn't stop looking at him again and again. Only when she noticed that George and Olivia were watching her did she pull herself together.

Once their guests had left, the Hogwarts students also had to pack their bags. Then they went to the Hogsmeade train station. On the train, the Ravenclaw girls were sitting in a compartment with their Gryffindor friends again.

Halfway there, y/n had to go to the toilet, so she walked out of the compartment. But on the way back, she was met with an unlucky surprise. When Fred saw her too, his facial expression twitched briefly. But he quickly got himself under control again.

The only problem was that the aisle on the train was a bit narrow. So they stood face to face for a moment. Then they both took a step back.

"What now?", Fred laughed. But before y/n could give him an answer, he came towards her and pushed her backwards. She looked at him with wide eyes. Their kiss after the Yule Ball had been over six months ago, but suddenly y/n could remember it clearly. If she just stopped walking now, he might would stumble into her, then they would be as close as they were back then. But y/n didn't stop, she wouldn't begrudge him that. Because she not only remembered the kiss, but also the conversation that had followed. So she took the first opportunity she could and let him pass. Then she went straight back to her compartment.

A Raven and a Lion  On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara