First night in the Burrow

At dinner y/n sat between Fred and George. Molly and Arthur, sitting across from her, asked an incredible amount of questions. Arthur wanted to know a lot about the Muggle world, and y/n was able to explain a lot to him because she and Brigitte were very familiar with it. Molly asked everything else. She wanted to know how y/n was doing at school, how she planned her future after Hogwarts. Then she asked about Brigitte and y/n's friends at Hogwarts. Y/n thought she was doing pretty well up until then.

Things got a little awkward when Molly asked her about boys. But when y/n noticed Fred squinting at her out of the corner of her eye, she saw it as an opportunity to tease him a little. Although she couldn't say for sure whether he would be annoyed by it. But it was worth a try.

"Well, of course there are some pretty boys at school," she pretended to think about it. Ron looked as if he was more uncomfortable with the topic than y/n. He had hardly taken part in the conversation anyway.

"You probably have a chance with a lot of people too," Ginny said with a grin, which only supported Y/n's little mischievousness. Molly smiled at her. "Yes, I think so too, pretty as you are."

"Thank you", y/n said a little embarrassed. But then she shook her head. She didn't want to talk complete nonsense here. "But to be honest, I'm more focused on school."

"True", George nodded.

"Maybe it's better that way," Fred then said. He sounded somewhat strange. A little grumpy perhaps? With a small smug grin, y/n turned to him. "Oh yeah? Why is that?"

"You've already invested a lot of time in school," Fred shrugged. "Why get distracted right before the end?"

"I could take the liberty of saying that you should probably stop distracting yourself...", but then y/n paused when she remembered that the twins' parents were sitting at the table. But Molly had already pricked up her ears. "What were you saying y/n?"

But y/n shook her head. "Oh nothing. Fred and George just have a different approach than me. At first I thought it was complete nonsense. But actually they are very creative and committed when it comes to things that interest them."

Arthur nodded at her, smiling. "Exactly what I always say."

That seemed to satisfy Molly. The questions then changed direction and a new conversation began between the Weasleys.

At some point, Ginny was telling a funny story from her childhood, y/n felt Fred's leg push against hers under the table. When they touched, y/n jumped ever so slightly. Even though it was just a tiny movement, y/n thought Molly glanced at her ever so briefly. Y/n discreetly tried to push Fred's leg away with hers, but she just couldn't. What the hell was he doing? Only when dinner was over and they got up from the table he let go of her.

Y/n let all the Weasleys go in the bathroom first. So it was very late when she got ready for bed and went back to Percy's old room.

But when she laid down, sleep just wouldn't find her. Here at the Weasleys everything was nice and homely, but strange. Plus, everything made her think. She thought about her own parents. She had never had such a convivial dinner at home. Apart from the fact that she hadn't lived at home for a long time.

Suddenly a rumble broke through her thoughts. She was so frightened that she jumped out of bed. What was that? Sounded like the roof had collapsed over her. She reached for her wand, which she had placed on the bedside table. "Lumos."

Then she went to the bedroom door to peek out. But she couldn't see anyone. But she heard a deep growl from the roof above. What was going on up there?

"That's the Ghoul," she then heard a whisper. Y/n was almost scared to death. Because she had been so focused on the noises from the roof, she didn't notice the door to the opposite room had opened.