Old Men

A few days later, the twins led their friends into the Great Hall where the Goblet of Fire had been set up for the naming raffle. Shortly after Cedric threw in a piece of paper with his name on it, the twins also got ready.

"You're not of legal age", y/n interjected. And another voice also chimed in. "She's right, that won't work."

Y/n turned around and saw Hermione sitting on a bench with a book.

"Oh yes?", now the twins hopped over to her and crouched down on either side of her. "And why not?"

Hermione closed her book and pointed to the goblet. "That's an age line drawn by Dumbledore himself."

Olivia nodded. "You can't get through this."

"And what if we...", George grinned and pulled two bottles out of his cloak, handing one to his brother. "...use an aging potion."

"A genius like Dumbledore won't be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dim-witted as an aging potion," Hermione announced. Fred laughed. "Ah, but that's why it's so brilliant."

"Because it's so pathetically dim-witted," George added. Then they stood up. "Ready Fred?"

"Ready George." The twins opened the vials with their potions. "Bottoms up."

When they finished drinking, the twins jumped over the age line without hesitation.

"I can't believe it", Katie mumbled as it seemed to work. Maggy shook her head. "That really worked?"

But y/n and Olivia exchanged a skeptical look. Hermione still wasn't convinced either. The twins, on the other hand, let themselves be celebrated. But when they threw their names into the goblet, it suddenly went crazy.

Luminous spells flashed through the air and hit the twins in the chest. The two were thrown into the hall across the age line.

Maggy and Angelina squealed in shock. But when the twins suddenly grew gray hair and long beards, the shock was quickly over. The whole hall laughed heartily.

But then everyone went equally silent. Victor Krum had entered the hall. Everyone watched as he threw his name into the Goblet of Fire. But y/n wasn't particularly impressed by it. With a smug grin, she walked over to the twins, who looked really funny with their white grandfather hair. "I'd love to say, I told you so, but I won't."

"Then don't do it," George replied and looked at her warningly. But Fred grinned at her. "Or say it and see what the consequences are."

"Consequences?", y/n laughed. "What do you want to do, Grandpa?"

But Fred did nothing but go to the hospital wing with George, where Madam Pomfrey helped them return to their normal ages.

A few evenings later, the whole Hogwarts gathered to select the players for the tournament. Although of course they didn't choose that. The Goblet of Fire determined the three participants.

As y/n, Olivia and Maggy entered the great hall, their Gryffindor friends waved them over. As they climbed onto the benches with them, George grabbed y/n's hand and placed her between him and Fred.

"What's that supposed to mean?", y/n hissed at him. But George ignored her question with a grin.

"I'm so excited," hissed Angelina excitedly, sitting on the other side next to Fred. Lee nodded. "Who do you think it will be?"

"Hopefully not a Slytherin, then I won't be rooting for Hogwarts," Alicia announced. Y/n nodded. Then Dumbledore went to the Goblet of Fire. As she listened to him, she suddenly felt Fred move a little closer to her. To be able to better watch what was happening, he turned a little to the side and, as if by chance, placed his arm on her left shoulder. Y/n's breathing stopped briefly. The last time he had been this close to her they slept together in Percy's bed. She wished she could go back to that. But of course that wasn't possible, so she focused on Dumbledore again.

With trails of red light, the Goblet of Fire released the three name cards of the selected players. Fleur Delacour for Beauxbatons, Victor Krum for Durmstrang and Cedric Diggory for Hogwarts. The students applauded as the selected ones were invited into a separate room.

But just as Dumbledore was about to turn away from the goblet, red lights flashed again. Another piece of paper floated lonely through the air. When the headmaster caught it, his expression darkened. "Harry Potter? Harry Potter!"

A murmur went through the crowd that didn't subside when Harry got up and walked to Dumbledore.

"What's going on now?", Maggy asked, but no one could give her an answer. All they knew was that there were now two players for Hogwarts. But that couldn't have happened properly. Harry was underage. And when the first task came, they also learned why the participants in the tournament were so strictly selected. It was a game of life and death.

The first task was to steal a golden egg from an adult dragon. However, the dragons didn't know that the eggs had been foisted on them.

Y/n almost had multiple heart attacks just from watching the contestants trying to get the eggs. The twins were rather relaxed and shamelessly took bets.

"I can't believe it," Olivia commented as the two counted their money on the way back to the castle. Y/n nodded. "It's lucky that all four players survived."

"You can be glad that you didn't manage to take part in the tournament," Angelina said. Fred raised his eyebrows. "Do you think we would have had a barbecue today otherwise?"

"I'm honestly disappointed, Angelina," George said, clutching his heart. Y/n rolled her eyes. "On the other hand, maybe we would all finally have some peace if a Horntail like that had taken care of you."

"What louse has gotten over your head again?", Fred asked and filled the coins he had taken in today into a bag that George held open. Y/n grinned at him. "It's actually two lice that run up and down tirelessly. Pretty tall, red hair... Ah!"

Y/n squealed as Fred bent down and threw a squishy lump from the ground at her. But when he didn't hit, she laughed.