Ups and Downs

But even though Christmas was quite nice >y/n had a lot of peace and silence to study<, dark times were waiting for the school. After the holidays, more students were petrified. Eventually, concerned parents began searching for suspects. First it affected the gamekeeper Hagrid. Signatures were then collected to suspend Dumbledore.

But things got really tricky a few weeks before the end of the school year. This time the youngest of the Weasleys, little Ginny, was the victim. However, y/n only heard about this later, when the girl was already safe again. All thanks to Harry Potter and her brother Ron Weasley. The two of them went into the Chamber of Secrets on their own and saved the girl.

So the coming dinner was a real celebration. Especially because the headmaster and the keeper both had their positions back. In addition, Professor Sprout had saved all the petrified students with a mandrake potion.

But one thing pissed y/n off. And it didn't make it any better that the twins sat down to either side of her, grinning. "No final exams? Are you okay or do you need a tissue?"

George laughed loudly. "Yeah, she really looks like she's on the verge of tears."

Fred shook his head. "No, more like she wanted to kill someone."

"Probably both of you", Olivia now intervened. Maggy nodded warningly. "It's best if you just shut your mouths."

Y/n just stared into a void. That couldn't be true. She had a great certificate so far, but she had already studied a lot for those exams. She had already put much time into preparation. And now it turned out that all of her effort had been wasted. "Fucking bullshit!"

Fred was just catching his breath for a new provoking comment, when she turned to him and grabbed his face with both hands. "One more word and I'll swear to god, you will never laugh again."

Then she let go of him and turned to George, grabbing him by the collar too. "The same goes for you."

But still she had a different feeling towards the two of them now, than she did at the start of the school year. They were still terribly annoying, obviously, but somehow bearable.