Not on Time

On Monday morning, y/n wasn't feeling well while eating breakfast. The twins were nowhere to be seen. And what was even worse, on Sunday a first year Gryffindor student had been attacked. He was found petrified like the cat Mrs. Norris and it was assumed that his parents were not wizards either. Maggy was a nervous wreck ever since. Y/n and Olivia spent every free second trying to calm their friend down. So y/n was exhausted too. And when Fred still wasn't there when they gathered in front of the classroom, her patience almost hit point zero.

"I beg of you. Maggy, no one will harm you. And y/n, if he doesn't come, you'll hold the damn presentation alone", at some point Olivia had had enough. A little sheepishly, y/n and Maggy crossed their arms in equal measure. The problem was, there was a solution for y/n's problem, but not for Maggy's.

However, this solution only appeared shortly after the first pairs had already been invited into the classroom.

"YOU. ARE. TOO. LATE," she hissed as she walked towards Fred, when she saw him and George at the end of the corridor.

"Careful Freddie, the little hellcat will scratch out your eyes if you mess up her great grades," Angelina Johnson chimed in and the Gryffindors laughed in unison.

"Mind your own business," Olivia said. She and y/n, who both played on the Ravenclaw team, mainly knew Angelina from the Quidditch pitch.

Y/n also attacked now. "At least I don't have time to poke my nose into other people's business, Angelina. Concentrate on your own shit..."

But then someone grabbed her arm and dragged her away from the Gryffindors. "Take it easy! Bloddy hell you're nearly horrific. You're not relaxed at all."

She glared at Fred irritably. "Because you're late! This is stressing me out! I told you to be on god damn time!"

"Shit Freddie, she told you," now Georg came up to them. Y/n was unsure if he was messing with her or if he was supporting her. But then she was sure that he meant well when he grabbed her shoulders and spoke soothingly to her. "Now breathe deeply. In and out."

"Georgie, you're good with women," Fred grinned. George seemed proud and y/n also gave him a grateful smile. "Next time I want you. Just if I ever have to take one of you again."

In the same moment Mr. Flitwick asked y/n and Fred into the classroom.

"Good luck," Maggy and Olivia waved after her. Now confidently, y/n followed her teacher. Behind her she heard Fred mimicking her. "Next time I want you. You kidding me?"

The presentation then went better than expected. In fact, she was very happy with Fred's performance. And Mr. Flitwick was also pleasantly surprised. "I have to say, when I think back to the initial discussions, it was more than unexpected good."

Y/n beamed from ear to another when she heard that. Fred, who glanced at her sideways, grumbled in disbelief. Then he turned to their teacher. "Everything else would have been not possible. It's hard not to work hard under y/n's iron fist."

Y/n shook her head. "It also benefited your certificate."

With an annoyed look on his face Fred placed his arms on his hips. "I thought it wasn't anyone else's business how someone spent their time. Is that only true when it comest to you? So you're allowed to judge?"

"I wasn't judging, I was just pointing out...", y/n wanted to justify herself, but Flitwick interrupted with his shrill voice. "I've heard enough. Before this gets out of hand, please go and send the next couple to me."