A strong Punch

Y/n avoided Fred for the rest of the holidays. It wasn't difficult, she usually sat in her common room to study for the O.W.L.s anyway. He also didn't make any great attempts to talk to her when they bumped into each other. From George's strange looks, y/n knew that Fred must have told his brother something. But she also didn't want to talk to the other twin at the moment.

When the holidays ended, she didn't have any time to think about them anyway. Olivia and Maggy were back and the next Qudditch game was coming up. Ravenclaw versus Slytherin.

"I expect one hundred percent performance and concentration. Or no, make it a hundred and one percent," Roger Davis shouted through the Ravenclaws' locker room. They answered him with wild shouting. None of them wanted to lose. But they all also knew how the Slytherins played. It was never fair. So They had to put in a lot of effort today.

Before they stepped onto the lawn, they wished each other luck. Then Madam Hooch's scream sounded from behind the wooden gate that separated her cabin from the playing field. It was immediately opened by invisible hands and the Ravenclaws, like the Slytherins, climbed onto their broomsticks.

A thunderous roar awaited them outside. How y/n loved this feeling, it was almost as good as getting a excellent grade, or... Her eyes instinctively searched the stands, but she couldn't see him anywhere.

"Hey, traitor," a malicious voice came from the side. All the players had gathered in a floating circle around the two captains. "Ready to lose?"

Y/n turned her head to the Slytherins. She didn't know who had spoken, but she knew it had been one of them. Aside from the fact that the voice had sounded male >and the green team was all male<, most Slytherins knew exactly where she came from. They knew that y/n had little to no contact with her parents anymore. Precisely because most Slytherins had contact with y/n's parents through their own parents.

"Lose?", y/n then counterattacked. "We're going to beat your asses."

"I want to see that," Flint, captain of the Slyterhins, laughed contemptuously. Then he shook Roger's hand with exaggerated strength. A whistle sounded and Madam Hooch threw the Quaffle into the air. Everyone immediately flew off. Shortly afterwards the Bludgers and the Golden Snitch followed . But y/n didn't notice that anymore, her job was now to score goals. And that's what she did, as well as Olivia and Roger. Their Keeper, Aaron Kingston, also did a good job. If Cho would catch the Snitch soon, they could win easily.

But suddenly fate turned against them. Well not necessarily against the Ravenclaw team. But against y/n. She had just scored another goal and was now flying back to her starting position when she spotted him. Fred sat between Angelina and Maggy and didn't even think about looking at her. Instead, he chatted and giggled with the girls sitting next to him. Y/n was so stunned that she stopped her broom in mid-air.

"What are you doing?", she heard Olivia shouting over at her, so that Roger also noticed her. "Y/n, I think you're gone mad! Move!"

So she, but now it was harder for her to concentrate. Her eyes kept darting to Fred. But he never looked at her once, no matter how many goals she scored.

"He can't be serious...", she was just about to start cursing when Fred leaned towards his twin brother and was almost lying on Angelina's lap when the Bludger caught her. She felt her ribs bursting, lost control and fell to the ground. She screamed like crazy.

Roger also yelled, but more out of anger because y/n had been inattentive again. But y/n wasn't finished yet. Although the spectators had already finished with her >her fall had been accompanied by long shouts< but y/n managed to get up.

Her broom was undamaged, so she got back on it and shot up into the air.

"Who was it?", she wanted to know when she reached Olivia. Her friend looked worried. "That was a hard one, shouldn't you rather..."

"Who?" y/n growled. Olivia, who she was flying next to, sighed. "Pucey. But y/n better concentrate on winning, we..."

"Give me a minute!", y/n said, then she was gone again. She flew to Effie, one of the Beaters. "May I borrow this for a moment."

Effie willingly handed her her bat. Then y/n waved to the other Ravenclaw Beater, Megan. "Shoot one over here. Now Pucey's done."

Megan understood immediately and Effie nodded. "Finish him off."

Y/n's eyes scanned the stadium for Adrian Pucey. She found him, just above the stands. Not a second too soon, shortly afterwards Megan's Bludger came rushing up. Y/n gripped the bat tighter, then slammed it into the Bludger. Her ribs hurt, probably broken by Pucey's punch. But he would feel the same pain soon. Y/n hit perfectly, Pucey immediately fell off the broom. The crowd roared, except for the Slytherins who hurled the nastiest insults at y/n. But shortly after, Cho caught the Snitch and all the attention was hers.

Y/n was relieved that the game was over. Exhaling exhaustedly, she sank to the floor of the field. By now her entire torso was aching. And also she was for sure tired of seeing Fred.

"Y/n, what was that about?", Roger rushed towards her as soon as he had landed too.

"Leave her alone, we still won," Effie said relaxed. But Roger shook his head and waved both hands angrily. "Only with great luck. Y/n wasn't paying attention at all. And when she shot Pucey from behind, they could have given us a few penalty points."

"Y/n just doesn't know how to play any other way", Flint chimed in, standing a few meters away with his teammates. Y/n turned around like a fury. "Excuse you?"

"You heard me", Flint replied. "You know what I mean, blood traitor."

"Just let him talk", Olivia tried to soothe y/n, but it was too much! Y/n stormed off. When she grabbed Flint, she screamed right into his face. "Your buddy broke at least one of my ribs ."

"I thought you liked it rough," Pucey now grinned maliciously. Despite the bad fall earlier, he had already stood up again. Now y/n let go of Flint and jumped towards Pucey. "We'll see about that."

"Y/n! No!" Roger Roared. The audience, on the other hand, cheered as y/n threw herself at Pucey. The bloody bastard actually accepted the challenge. Y/n had expected him not to get into a fight with a girl. But on the contrary, without hesitation he gave her a punch in the already demolished ribs. Y/n screamed, all she could see through the pain were blinking stars. It hurt so much that she started hitting Pucey like crazy. To defend himself, he grabbed her hair with both hands, tore out the elastic band >that she always wore when doing sports< and pulled on the strands.

Y/n heard hoots of amusement from the Slythrins as her team >along with rushing teachers< tried to pull Y/n and Pucey apart. By the time they succeeded, y/n had a split lip and Pucey had countless scratches on his face.

"I can't believe this shit", y/n grumbled as she lay next to the Slytherin boy in the hospital wing.

"It's your own fault, dumbshit," Pucey replied. Olivia, who was standing with y/n, just like the entire Ravenclaw team, shook her head. "He's right, it's really your own fault."

Roger nodded. "If you do something like that again, you're out."

Aaron shook his head. "Don't be so hard on her, everyone has a bad day from time to time."

There were contemptuous whispers from the Slytherin who stood next to Pucey. But now Madam Pomfrey rushed over and shooed the visitors away. Then she took care of the two wounded players.

When she disappeared again, y/n and Pucey laid next to each other in silence.

"I want a partition, I can't stand your treacherous breathing," the boy then hissed. Y/n snorted. "Do you think I like having you around?"

"Aren't you ashamed?", Pucey asked, ignoring her words. Y/n repeated her snort. "To be honest, I'm very glad I'm not a brainless mama's boy like you are."

Then she threw aside her blanket and climbed out of bed, groaning. Pucey looked at her questioningly. "What are you doing?"

"I've heard enough", she replied without turning around. Then she went to an empty bed further away and laid down there.

A Raven and a Lion  On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara