Invitation

By the end of the school year, y/n had almost forgotten about Sirius Black. But there were rumors that he had a fight with Harry Potter a few nights ago. However, there were also rumors that Sirius Black flew around the castle on Hagrid's escaped hippogriff. Y/n had no idea what was true and what wasn't. Something must have happened because Ron Weasley spent a few hours in the hospital wing, after that night, with a broken leg. But Madam Pomfrey was able to quickly heal him.

But it wasn't particularly interesting for y/n. Another event was coming up that put a lot more strain on her. The awarding of certificates.

The fifth graders were right after this year's final year students. All the head teachers of the four houses were gathered in the Great Hall.

"And now it is a great pleasure for us to award the final certificates," said Madam Sprout. McGonagall nodded to her and mentioned a few names who had done particularly well in the exams, including Olivia, Maggy and Alicia.

"Last but not least, as top of her year," Professor Flitwick then concluded. "Miss y/n y/l/n."

Even a few Slytherins clapped as y/n stepped forward to collect her diploma. Y/n smiled brightly. When she went back to her friends after the award ceremony, they jumped to her happily.

"Incredible", Olivia gave her a kiss on the cheek. Maggy threw her arms around y/n's neck. "Congratulations!"

Alicia, Katie and Angelina also hugged y/n. Lee shook her hand in a silly, formal way. "Really impressive."

"Yeah", George said, patting her on the shoulder. Fred nodded. "Good job."

Y/n looked at him for a little longer than she had looked at the others. But she didn't let herself be distracted. Why would she? He was her friend, she was his friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

Later in the afternoon they all went down to the lake together again. The weather was warm and sunny today too.

When they went back to the castle towards evening, the twins brought y/n into their midst. She looked at them questioningly. "What do you want?"

"To ask you something," George grinned and Fred nodded. "Exactly. So listen."

"We've been thinking about..." George announced and they both grinned conspiratorially. "You could come and visit us during the holidays."

"Why would I do that?" Y/n asked with raised eyebrows.

"Because", Fred began. "Our father wants to go to the World Cup with us."

"No!", y/n clapped her hands enthusiastically. "The Quidditch World Cup!"

The twins nodded. But then y/n shook her head. "But I don't know your family at all. Why should I go there with you?"

"Then you just get to know them", George shrugged. Fred nodded. "Ron's friends are coming too."

"And what about Lee?", y/n now wanted to know. "Or the other girls like Qudditch too."

"Don't you want to come?", Fred asked bluntly. George looked less questioning. "We are asking you for a reason. Are you coming or not?"

Y/n was a little taken aback by his directness. "I don't know, I have to ask my aunt... I think so, but I can't just say yes now."

"Yes you can", Olivia, who had been listening, intervened. Y/n looked at her in surprise. "Oh I can?"

"Yes!", it came now from all the other girls, as if from one mouth. Y/n was a little irritated by the insistence. But it made her give her consent.