The Chamber has been opened

A few days later, y/n and a few other students were on their way back from dinner to their common rooms when they experienced a big shock. They had chatted happily while walking. Suddenly they stumbled into a standing crowd. Olivia, the tallest of them three, craned her head a little further to see what was going on. "That's Harry Potter... And little Weasly and... oh holy crap..."

"What?", y/n and Maggy looked at their friend  equally questioningly, but then they heard the terrible screaming. Unmistakable the hysterical voice of the caretaker Argus Filch. His cat Mrs. Norris had been petrified and hung on a candelabra and the caretaker blamed Harry to be the perpetrator. But that wasn't all. In addition to the gruesome display of the poor cat, something had been daubed on the wall in red bloody letters.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened, Mudbloods beware," a student read out loud. It was little blonde Draco Malfoy. Y/n knew his family through her parents.

But the teachers managed to keep things calm. So the students went to their dormitories and the whole situation calmed down. When they went to bed, Maggy was a little pale. "My parents aren't..."

Y/n, who could guess what her friend was getting at, shook her head. "Maybe it was just a stupid prank. Nothing will happen to you."

Olivia nodded. "Our teachers are strong wizards and witches. They're looking after us."

They couldn't say whether this really calmed Maggy down one hundred percent. But at least she went to sleep.

When they woke up the next morning everything was fine. Maggy was fine and even though the whole school was talking about Mrs. Norris and the Chamber of Secrets, last night seemed more like a bad dream than reality.

But what was reality was the next meeting with Fred Weasley, which was set up for this evening in the library. They had both spent the weekend practicing Quidditch, the opening of the season was just around the corner. So they only had Sunday evening left for the project.

"Are you sure you want to be around the castle this late?" Maggy asked, her brows furrowed in concern as y/n got ready. But y/n wasn't worried. So she went to the school library with her school bag. She had swapped her school uniform for a simple sweater and jeans. And Fred wasn't wearing a cloak either, as she noticed when she saw him at the same table where they had also sat last time.

"So you're not afraid of being turned into stone," Fred commented on her appearance. She looked at him in surprise. "Neither are you."

"Fair enough," Fred nodded. But then y/n's voice became a little regretful. "A friend of mine isn't doing so well with all this going on. She's afraid because her parents aren't wizards."

Fred nodded again. He hadn't made any inappropriate comments yet. Perhaps the situation was more serious than expected.

"So your parents are wizards?" he then became curious after they had hung over the books for a while. She raised her head and nodded. "Yep."

"And what does your family do?" he asked. Y/n raised her eyebrows. Why did he want to know that? She didn't want to know anything about him. What she knew already was more enough for her.

Y/n sighed. "What do you mean? What are they supposed to do?"

Fred shrugged his shoulder. "So what do they work as for example? Where do you live? Oh and do you have any siblings?"

"Ministry, London, no," she replied briefly. Fred rolled his eyes. "An incredible pleasure to talk to you."

Y/n let out a contemptuous breath. "We're not here to get to know each other. This isn't a tea party, we have to finally finish. I have other things to do than this project."

"Well then I just have to invite you for tea sometime," grinned Fred. Y/n tapped her forehead. "You are totally crazy."

Fred now looked almost a bit offended. "When did you actually decide not to like me."

She stared at him, stunned. "Are you kidding me? First Class, Potions. You and your brother blew up my mixture. I got twenty points deducted. And that was just the beginning."

"Good old days, you were the one with the pigtails, you looked cute back then." Fred reminisced happily smiling. Then he looked at her seriously. "But I've told you before. Those were purely selfless attacks. You're trying way too hard. We just wanted to help you let go."

"And I'll tell you again", y/n threatened him with her index finger. "It's absolutely none of your business how I spend my time."

Fred shook his head, then they both turned back to their books.

"Well then," y/n wanted to say goodbye to him in front of the entrance to the library. "I think that's fine. Just look at it again and be on time for the presentation."

But Fred had already started moving, but not in his direction. Confused, she followed him. "Oh, do you have to go this way today too?"

"Nope. But I can't let you walk alone", he announced. "After all, the Heir of Slytherin is up to evil in this castle."

"Tss", y/n said. "I'll be fine. Go to your own common room."

But Fred didn't turn around. "You're pretty proud. And I don't mean that as a compliment."

Y/n wanted to reply something, but she remained silent. Somehow she didn't like hearing that. Fred had been driving her crazy for years, but he always had a good time doing it. The comment just wasn't a joke and for some reason it struck a chord with her. It was so close to her that she said goodbye to him in an unusually friendly manner.

"So thank you. Very nice of you to accompany me," she smiled at the redhead. He grinned back without hesitation. "Your welcome."