Chapter 1

I was at my best friend Natalie's house when her mum got a call, from the hospital. She spoke softly, but when she hung up is when the news came. She sat me and Natalie down at the dining table and told me that we were going to go to the hospital. I asked why and she said she'll tell me in the car. My heart is pounding, my hands were sweating, and my eyes were struck with fear.

"Why are we going to the hospital? My grandma and Papa live ages away, I have no family near here, why are we going?" I say as I frantically breath.

"It's your father and sister, they've been caught in a car crash near the hotel down town. They are both in critical states and are in the verge of leaving". She tells me. My eyes go red and fill with tears.

"Leaving what, the hospital?"

"No, sweetheart, leaving leaving"

I sat back in my chair and put my head down. These were the two most important people in my life and there were about to disappear.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

We arrive at the hospital as Natalie's mum talks to the lady at the front desk and someone comes out and takes us to a room where my injured sister lies along with my dad who is swarmed with doctors and nurses, which worries me, but my main goal right now is to see my sister, who looks so innocent.

"Alicia!" I scream.

"Maia," she says with a croaky voice. I went up to her, with the intention of giving a big hug , making it as tight as humanly possible, but instead I just cover her body with my body over the beds bars.

"Alicia, are you ok?"

"Not too good" she says as her machine she's hooked up to stars to steadily beep.

"Doctors, help!" I say, now panicking.

A kind, young lady comes over, and just readjusts a tube entering the wrist.

"You did a good thing, to let me know." I nod slowly. "I'm Anna, by the way"

"Maia. Alicia's sister." I shake her hand. She looks like she's thinking about something. I think nothing of it.

"Nice to meet you Maia, but I must get back to work now"

"Well, I do hope we get to talk later." I smile and she similes ,

We were sent to the waiting room with Natalie and her mum. They have been so supportive trough this afternoon, and I can't thank them enough.

"Can we please see Maia Cole?" Anna calls out. I wonder how Anna got my last name. At this hospital, very minimal people know the last names, for safety reasons, you never know who's listening. But Alicia was in no state to speak. Dad could literally move nothing, so I don't know.

She pulls me into a room. It's a calm room, as a way to describe it. And in it was a lot of stress balls and a very soft bean bag, here I was preparing for the worst.

"Your dad, Stephen, had gone into cardiac arrest, and we were trying to restart his heart for about 30 minutes, and sadly, at about 4:48, Stephen Cole-" Anna said as I interrupt,

"You don't need to say it. I know." Tears are now streaming down my face, I've lost my dad.

"That's not it, sweetie. Alicia had an undetected puncture in her left lung and when we discovered it, it was too late. At 4:57, your sister-"

"Please don't say it." I'm really hoping she will say 'at 4:57, we managed to save Alicia'.

"I'm sorry honey. We have managed to get contact with Kathleen Morton and she has offered to take you in, but we won't be able to fully sort anything out until around a week from now. Do you think there's anyone you can stay with?" She asks, my eyes are red and my cheeks are wet.

"I guess, the lady I came with today might take me."

"Great. I'll have a quick chat and we'll get things sorted."

For the next week of my life I'll be living with Natalie. Then for the rest of my life I'll be living with my cooky aunt Kathleen. Nothing could go worse in my life right now.

A/n: I tried to make this as long as I could. I'm actually quite proud of it. It is a Anna Kendrick fanfic, but you could totally ignore the fact it is. Hope you have enjoy!