Jeongcheol 29

Jeonghan's eyes were wide opened.

He could not sleep, no matter how much he tried to, the sleep was as far away from visiting him as was his dead grandmother. He changed his position, turned left and right but his mind and heart remained restless.

It was almost over midnight, Jeonghan was sure of that since he could hear soft snoring of Seungcheol from the bed beneath him. The man was dead asleep, but Jeonghan couldn't even make himself close his eyes and drift back to his wonderland.

He hated days like this.

All of sudden, he, sat up on his bed, looking around to find nothing but darkness and heaving a sigh of frustration upon watching the candle Coups lights up every night. It was settled on the ground today, and since initially it was away from Jeonghan's sight, the younger now leaned towards the edge of his bed, staring at it for quite a while before giving up immediately.

This wasn't going to solve his problem.

He thought maybe if he could get some air- fresh air, the sleep might visit him soon. For that, the neck length haired man silently climbed down from his bed, getting his slippers on and turning away towards the exit.

"Where are you going?"

Fuck.

Jeonghan did not needed any confirmation of whose voice was that. The heaviness of that perticular tone was imprinted on back of his mind. And as he looked back, all he saw was Seungcheol sitting on his bed, eyes barely opend, hair dishevelled and almost flying in the air while he tried to look through his still not opened eyes.

And a question in Jeonghan's mind rung, that how can someone even be afraid of this man?!

"I asked something." Seungcheol repeated the question and Jeonghan cleared his throat immediately, "I can't sleep."

"Huh?"

And there he goes, Seungcheol who couldn't even open his eyes properly had to rub them to look at Jeonghan, his brows frowned. Jeonghan on the other hand was sure, no way in hell anyone out there got to see a sleepy Coups, cause if they did, all they would have thought of pinching his cheeks despite whatever threat the older have to give.

He looked too cute to be honest.

"What time is it?" Seungcheol asked, his voice rasp and heavy due to sleep.

But Jeonghan himself had no answer for that, "I don't know honestly. But you can sleep, I will just have some fresh air and will be back-"

"Don't." Coups ordered, "It's not safe out there at night."

And all of sudden, Jeonghan could not argue anymore. He though was troubled by his sleep, still, he didn't want to take Coups lightly in any way. Things have already gone bad one time, and Jeonghan vividly remember how he spent his whole day crying rivers and starving. If something like that happened again, he wasn't sure how would he react to it this time.

So instead of going outside, he took a deep breath, releasing it immediately and walking towards Coups's bed. The older still had his eyes fixed on him, specially when Jeonghan sat on the ground, just beside his bed, and leaned behind support his back to the edge of the bed, "I'll sit here like this for sometimes then. You can sleep."

Coups had nothing to offer as a reply to that. Unlike him, Jeonghan's eyes were wide open. He was looking- staring at everything which wasn't even visible in the dark. It was creepy and concerning at the same time if Coups was being honest.

But he went back to laying down on his bed without much concern, or atleast he thought he wasn't. But in just five minutes, he was the who became restless.