Jeongcheol 13

Jeonghan nodded as an answer, "This morning, Mingyu brought me food here, in cell." He seemed to be hesitating to add something, Coups caught that but still waited for him to add further.

After a while, Jeonghan spoke, not looking at anything in perticular, "I still dare not to go back in cafeteria."

"Why?" Coups raised his brows, "Did I not tell you to fear nothing as long as I am here?"

"You weren't here!"

"Does not matter." Coups stated simply, turning his whole body in the perticular direction to look at the man sitting on the ground, "No one dares to touch what's mine."

"As if."

The words were spoken in a very low tone but they indeed had caught Coups's attention as Jeonghan saw him raising his brows. After a while, the older let out a small chuckle, "It was foolish of you to go around and request for someone you don't trust, you know that right?"

Jeonghan did not answer right away but he did when Coups's smiled faded, "I would have felt extremely guilty if you were gone because of me."

"That was very nice of you." Coups admitted, although those words skipped roughly from his mouth, "Although I would still say, if next time something like this happen, do not associate with me. Rather than that, just leave me at my own." There was a strange loneliness in Coups's voice, "It's better that way."

When Jeonghan realised that the stare thrown onto him was more of an order than a request, he immediately sighed, having no energy saved in himself to fight about right or wrong, "Okay."

Both of them did not say anything until the final bell of lunch was held. Jeonghan saw Coups standing on his feet after full half an hour of sitting on his bed and scribbling on his notebook. The moment he did, he looked back at Jeonghan, "Follow me."

Jeonghan hesitated. There was a big 'what if' roaming in his mind but when Coups glares at him, he forced himself to stand up and walk behind him, first at a meter distance but soon closely behind him when they walked through the stairs.

Suddenly when someone tapped shoulders from behind, he clutched in fright onto Coups's uniform before looking at who it was. Even the sudden grip had made Coups look at what Jeonghan was so scared of.

Fortunately enough, it was just Mingyu, it made Jeonghan take a deep breath and his grip on Coups's uniform loosen, but hands still lightly caught on the hem of the fabric when he complained slightly, "Could you please not suprise me like that again?"

Mingyu was definitely taken aback when he realised even Coups was watching him with same weird expression that was on Jeonghan's face, "When did i suprise you?"

Jeonghan thought for a while before sighing, clutching again on Coups's uniform, but this time tightly, "...May be you didn't. I might have been suprised by it. I am sorry-"

"Why do you keep saying sorry?"

Jeonghan looked over at Coups, the man who had his brows frowned as he stared down at Jeonghan, "Did nobody told you not to say sorry until it's really important."

"But-"

"No buts." Coups stated while walking further, Mingyu and Jeonghan following him from behind, "From now on, you'd not say sorry if it's not necessary. If you keep speaking like that, people will assume you as weak and the word will the lose it's meaning. Say sorry when it's important, not go around distributing it for every minor inconvenience."

"It's painful for my ears to hear you speak so much sorry and thank you at the same time." Mingyu also stated but when Jeonghan opened his mouth to say sorry again, Coups had to slap his mouth to shut him up.

He scolded the long haired man again, "Don't say it, also, can you talk a little less politely?"

Jeonghan stared at him in bewilderness when they finally stood in front of cafeteria. He had long forgotten his fear since Coups had dumped him with enough no so understandable words every now and then but still, his grip on his shirt never left and that indeed caught Mingyu's attention.

Though the taller just cough it off, pretending he haven't seen anything yet, Jeonghan on the other hand asked, "What does it mean?"

Coups's mind glitched for a while hearing Jeonghan speak in the softest dialect he had ever heard. It made him wonder which part of Korea he belonged to since he haven't really encountered such a soft voice going with the softest dialect.

He immediately whined, wished to slap himself for thinking like that but again not wanting to declare himself as lunatic in front of the both men, "This! I was talking about this! Do not speak so softly or people will assume you as harmless!"

"But he is harmless."

Mingyu bluntly added and ended up receiving a glare from Coups, "Even if he is, there is no need to put a show for that." He turned towards Jeonghan, the man who was already looking at him with his big doe eyes, "Listen, if you wanna stay here, remember two things by your heart. First, walk like you own the place and nothing is there that can scare you. Second, speak like if someone tried something as like speaking shit in front of you, you'll rip them off."

There was a big amount of silence before Jeonghan added, his voice softer than before, "But I can't do that."

Coups felt like banging his head onto the wall because none of his advices seems to be working on Jeonghan. The next instance, he gave up and Jeonghan followed him from behind when he entered inside the cafeteria.

There was no way Jeonghan could ignore the fact that the people who were dieing to have a single physical contact with him a day ago now were almost at one hand distance from him. Even in the queue, none of them even tried something as to come near him. No one even dared to look at him in eyes and Jeonghan knew, it was the side effect of having Coups by your side.