Jeongcheol 14

"I thought you were lying when you said they were scared of you." Jeonghan silently added when they were again back in the cell. It was night time and strangely enough, one of the first time when Jeonghan hadn't cried himself to sleep or sat back on the floor. He was at the top of the bunk bed and when he had spoken in his mild voice, Coups indeed had stirred up from his sleep, "Will you let me sleep? It's annoying hearing you talk to yourself every now and then."

The room was full of darkness beside the only candle Coups always lights at the night time which stood now in the corner, enabling Jeonghan to stare at at it from the top, "Why are they so scared of you?"

Coups knew Jeonghan had lots of questions but beside getting annoyed, he indeed answered this time, "They should. Infact you should too so go back to sleep and don't disturb me."

"Are you that bad?"

Coups by now had lost his will to close his eyes and cursed at younger under his breath. He didn't know what really was stopping him from dragging Jeonghan down and slapping his mouth shut but he still tried to warn him, "I am very bad, worst than you can even imagine so don't test my patience. I swear if you asked a question again-"

"Is your surname Choi?"

Coups's words faltered. He did not know what he was supposed to say at that. He indeed remember the investigation officer calling him by his surname but he never thought Jeonghan would catch such a small information of him.

His name was not very known, atleast not known enough to be called in public. If Coups remember, the last time someone used his name was Mingyu, the boy he met during his first year of prison. The younger got his name by few of Coups's documents that were needed to be verified and when Coups told him to shut his mouth, the younger started to stick by his side and now had become inseperable in just four years.

Mingyu was much younger when he got to know about Coups but Jeonghan, Coups didn't know how much information he should be intaking at the moment.

So when Jeonghan asked a question again, Coups realised he had no energy to reply, "What's your real name?"

Still he tried to stop the newcomer from invading in his privacy, "That's my problem. If you don't know about it, it means I don't want you to know about it as well. Don't bother asking questions you'd never get answers of."

"Then atleast tell me what does S.coups means?"

Coups by now was fed up of the back and forth series of questions and he knew he needed atleast answer one question to shut Jeonghan up, "Coups means success. I was young and stupid when I kept that name so I don't bother about the meaning of it."

"But.... it's cute."

"......."

When Jeonghan uttered those words, Coups felt like he was being violated. Cute? Him? Sure if burying a human body alive in six feet under the ground was cute, he was the cutest human being ever known to earth.

"What does the S in S.coups means then?"

Though Coups was about to scold Jeonghan for his tactics, when he asked the question again, he replied coldly, "You don't need to know that."

"Alright." Jeonghan didn't protested, not like he was planning to get on Coups's nerves anyway, "Must be the initial of your name then."

But his latter sentence did caught Coups off-guard. He wanted to say something but his couldn't utter a single word that would fit as it's answer. At last he sighed, "Don't make me come up and beat the shit outta you. Stop talking nonsense and go back to sleep."

"Okay."

Jeonghan once again had replied soft before covering himself in the blanket and Coups almost wondered why the hell his voice felt like a melody in his ears. He wasn't the type of man who had ever noticed anything about anyone's voices, but since he was so attentive of Jeonghan's tone towards him, he was totally perplexed by himself.

The night passed by with Coups trying to lull himself back to sleep. There was no way he'd be able to answer Jeonghan if he asked these questions again and as expected, the next morning during roll call, Coups was thrown a question right on his face, "Is your name Seojoon?"

Beside the older, even Mingyu now looked at him, half bewildered and half surprised by the question. He made sure to look towards his Coups Hyung before confirming, "What did you say?"

Jeonghan lightly shrugged his shoulders, the roll call happening in background did not affecting him at all, "I asked his name and he said it was none of my business. So I was just randomly guessing names if any of them turned out to be his."

"You thinking Seojoon is his name?" Mingyu asked before laughing loudly, earning a few side eyes from people and a defeated sigh from Coups. It took Jeonghan a minute to realise that Mingyu indeed knew about Coups's name, "You know his name?"

The words that came out to be beaming a moment ago now faltered to place his excitement in the end when Mingyu gave him a sly smile. At last, he looked over Coups, his brows frowned, "How come he knows but I am not allowed to know your name?"

"It's not your business." Coups stated simply, dragging Jeonghan to standing in front of him before saying, "It's your roll call."

Jeonghan turned around, back slightly touching Coups's chest before he raised his hands and said in his utmost none hearable voice, "Here!"

As expected, no one heard him. And instead of Seungcheol backing him up, he slapped Jeonghan's head, too lightly than he had expected and even before Jeonghan could whine about the pain, he said, "Louder."

Though Jeonghan was mad, he indeed remember Coups saying he needed to do what was told to him. He brought it upon himself so there was no one he could be blaming this on. At last, he gathered all his courage, tiptoed a little and yelled, "HERE!"

His voice, though he had put his heart and soul in yelling that single word, it infact came out as nothing but a chicken clicking in the morning. He infact earned a few laughs but those immediately died when Coups looked towards the crowd.

And it made Jeonghan almost be impressed of the older who now turned his back to face him and scolded him immediately to erase the impressed part from Jeonghan's brain, "Is this all you got?"

"I can't yell." Jeonghan stated simply, earning a chuckle from Mingyu, "That's rubbish. Everyone can yell. It's not like-"

"......."

When Jeonghan threw a glare at him, Mingyu stammered from his word's, "Wait, you can't?!"