Jeongcheol 26

Seungcheol laughed out loud and all of sudden, he wasn't laughing anymore when he looked at Wonwoo again, "Do you want me to find the screw that you lost here somewhere?"

Wonwoo gave him a smile, "I am perfectly fine." He added while looking at front, attention on the game going on in the field, "But seems like you haven't noticed the changes yet."

"Oh really?" Coups was offended, "And from when someone like you started noticing people's behaviour?"

Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders at the question, "Always. I always looked at people around me. If you have nothing perticular to do, you'd do same as well."

Seungcheol scoffed at the statement, looking in the field as he added, "Only if you paid that much attention to Mingyu, your life would have been much better by now."

Wonwoo went silent, weirdly silent if Coups was being honest. The older had to look at his way, to make sure the sentence said hadn't cause some mini heart attack in the man, but all he saw was Wonwoo, gazing at the ground, lost in thoughts.

Coups had no intention to speak or ask the man anything but Wonwoo all of sudden spoke by himself, "Who said i never paid attention to him?"

"You did?" Coups felt like laughing, "If you call leaving him alone, tearing his letter, making him cry as giving your attention, boy, i hope no one gets your attention."

Coups words were bitter, and Wonwoo strangely enough did not argue over that. Instead he nodded, voice low and eyes staring at the ground, unable to meet that of Coups,  "I never intended to do something like that. It's just.... happened."

"Happened?" Coups laughed again, "Sure. You tore his letter, that must have been slip of your hand, wouldn't it? I though still can't understand what made you came back to him after two years? Specially when he learnt to live without your typical attention."

Wonwoo went silent again, and when he did not spoke anything, Coups decided to look at the field, mainly because the ball was now in Jeonghan's control, the younger moving with it and dodging people at the same time.

It was a scene to watch, with Jeonghan, the man who was harmless in front of everyone's eyes, have his focus so stern and proper as if he wanted to show something to everybody. It was impressing the way his legs moved, the ball bounced in between his hands and ground, Seungcheol watched him sternly and with all focus he could muster.

He was sure Jeonghan was going to score a point this time.

And within split of seconds, Jeonghan jumped a little forward and threw the ball in the hoop, causing it to pass from it and his team to score a point.

The team cheered and Jeonghan turned back in Seungcheol's direction, the first one he wanted to show off his efforts as he screamed, "Coupsyaa! Did you see that?! I made a goal!"

Coups grinned at him immediately, unable to control his excitement as he nodded too and showed him his thumps up. He was lowkey proud of him, and so was Mingyu who high fived with Jeonghan.

He was all smiling, not until Wonwoo spoke up again, being an eclipse to his shining sun, "They reduced my release date. Now, I am getting out with you."

Coups gave him a look, a look of confusion, "What you mean by with me?"

"You don't remember?" Wonwoo asked, his brows frowned, "Three months more, and you are going to be free from here? How come you don't remember?"

"........."

Seungcheol went silent, staring into Wonwoo's soul, he tried to find a single hint of lie, that he might be fucking around with him, but the man was dead serious, and it made Coups realise something.

After three months, he indeed was going to be freed from here.

But how did he not remember? Coups wondered within himself. He was sure, before a month ago or so, Seungcheol had the date written in his diary, he literally had the remaining days memorized by his heart.

So when did he start losing the record?

He wondered and wondered, and the only thing his mind repeated for him as an answer were the words that were said by Wonwoo.

"You seem... happy."

There was something very fucking wrong with him!

Why did he felt disappointed, all of sudden, out of the fucking blue?

Seungcheol was sure that he was. But why? It was still a mystery to him. It seemed like his heart has refused to leave this place while his mind reminded him of how he used to yearn to get out of here.

But that was just a month ago. What did change so drastically that Seungcheol had finally fucking lost it?

"Your boy," Wonwoo commented, "Why did he stopped moving in between the game?"

Seungcheol's eyes darted towards the field, catching Jeonghan standing in corner of the ongoing game, and doing nothing beside staring at him.

Or more like glaring at him.

Shit-

It only occured now to Seungcheol, that he might, might, wasn't liking the news because he had Yoon Jeonghan associated with him now.

The man he said he'll protect till the last.

But can Jeonghan hear him from such a distance? Seungcheol wasn't really sure about it. He couldn't not, definitely, not when he saw Mingyu walking towards him while speaking and he was certain he couldn't hear anything either.

The distance between them was quite large to be travelled. Sound? Even more impossible.

"Why aren't you playing?" Mingyu's asked, finally catching up with Jeonghan, the man who stared at somewhere, eyes not when blinking as they were supposed to.

His eyes automatically travelled in the direction Jeonghan was staring at, and all he caught was Jeon Wonwoo, sitting with his Hyung, Choi Seungcheol.

His heart skipped a beat for nothing perticular the moment Wonwoo locked his eyes with him. The older wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he was looking at Mingyu, that too openly.

And the shameless act just made him tight his fist.

"In scale of one to ten, how much you wanna beat that basterd up?"

"Eight." Mingyu replied without thinking twice.

"Ten." Jeonghan said, unblinkingly honest about the matter. The fact that his jaw was tightened and his fist was clenched harder, it just made Mingyu  frown his brows more, "Huh?"

Jeonghan shook his head as if he wanted to forget what he just said. His eyes though were still fixed at both of the men, "I don't want to play anymore. I am going back."

Mingyu wanted to ask why but he himself had lost the interest in the game. With Wonwoo's eyes still on him, he did not wanted to play anything at all. It felt weird, he felt weird.

It was like the feeling when he first time saw Wonwoo outside of the field, eyes as focused on him as they were now, while Mingyu played inside, feeling giddy and happy.

Fuck that feeling! Mingyu reminded himself. Jeon Wonwoo does not deserved to have any corner of his heart!

But the way Jeonghan went out of the game, Mingyu was sure this was one of the disastrous call. A call where he felt he should follow him, otherwise, he might not be able to see his Hyung again.

This was bad.

He had never saw Jeonghan this worked up for anything!

Anything at all.