Jeongcheol 18

Two years back....

================================

"Your name?"

".......Choi Seungcheol."

The officer, a man in his late thirties looked over the roll call book, where nothing like Choi Seungcheol was showing at the moment. The newcomer who by now was sat in front of him was told to right his name on the roll call but the name he had told wasn't found anywhere.

It was his first day, and the officer indeed felt a little generous towards him that he ended up asking the question again, "You still haven't written your name down, have you?"

The newcomer replied calmly, "I have."

The officer ended up showing the long register, "Where?"

As response, all the newcomer did was point at a six letters name, S.Coups. The name earned a weird frown of consideration from the officer, "S.coups? Why would you write that?"

"I don't want anyone to use my real name, if there is no problem for you, do not disclose it."

The request was made politely, and since the man in front who had told his name as Choi Seungcheol, expected to be called S.coups, had asked in a decent manner, the officer sighed, "Alright. Not like having or not having a name here will make any difference. By the way, any reason why you don't wanna use your real name?"

The question was asked cautiously, as if the officer expected a backlash or something from the newcomer, but the man in front just shook his head, "Nothing perticular."

"So, that means you won't tell." The officer smiled a little, all ready to send Seungcheol his goodbye when the door of the small office bust opened, a tall man standing in front of them with raging anger.

Coups, Seungcheol to be exact, was himself looking at the new figure panting in front of them while trying to speak something beside it, "Why did you call me again?!!"

The man was mad, totally mad. Coups had realised it the exact moment when after being told to sit on the chair beside Coups, the taller had picked his chair up and smacked it on group, telling them he was having no shit for the day. The will to leave his seat as the loud neighbour tall man sat beside him increased in Coups, but he couldn't, there were still many things he have to settle and ask to the officer.

"What is it?" The taller asked coldly, earning a light chuckle from the man sitting at front, "You tell me what is it? Why do I hear this weird rumour coming to my ears that-"

Before he could finish, the taller interrupted abruptly and Coups could not shake the way the taller had looked at him, almost as if he was afraid of Coups knowing that too, "They are rumours for a reason, okay?"

Coups also wasn't interested, not atleast that much as the officer was interested to know the tea, "Come on! Without fire, there is no smoke in jungle. If not full, atleast half of the things will be true."

Mingyu deadpanned, "And why do you think that 'half of the things' will be told to you by me?"

"........"

"You are no fun Kim Mingyu." The officer sighed, "But if something really happened between you and Jeon Wonwoo and you aren't telling me anything, I swear you are doomed."

"Why? Is it against law to right letter to somebody?"

"So you did write a letter!" The officer grinned widely, smacking his fist on the table and making Coups and Mingyu flinch at the same time. It was unbearable the way the officer was so intrigued with a story that wasn't even his, and when Mingyu glared at him, Coups knew they were pretty much on the same page with that thought.

The taller stood up, "If you are done, may I go?"

The taller, Kim Mingyu as what Seungcheol had opted his name as, was already to the door without the need of permission as the officer stood up abruptly, calling him out, "Wait a minute!"

Mingyu turned back, "What is it now?"

The officer pointed at Seungcheol and the said man immediately regretted the idea of sitting there and watching the chaos, "Take him with you and give him a good tour to our place. It's his first day."

Mingyu had looked up to Coups from top to bottom, as if he was really reconsidering the offer. But he didn't backed away from the idea, not when Coups stood up and sighed, "May I take my notebook and pen with me?"

The officer now narrowed his brows at him, "You indeed are a strange thing," he showed Coups almost his palm sized notebook and the pen, "What are you gonna do with it now?"

"I have a habit of writing things, if you consider it as something important." As Coups mumbled the reply, Mingyu, who was leaning against the door while crossing his arms snorted, "The last time he felt the need of writing something was probably in his police exams, I don't think he will understand something as crucial as that."

"Shut up Mingyu." He officer looked pissed, so when he turned towards Coups, the younger thought if the officer would reject the offer, he would come and try again tomorrow. Not today though, he felt too tired to even think about saying something else.

So when the officer handed him his notebook and a pen, Coups was taken aback. Was that always this easy to make an officer understand a situation? Why was God favouring him all of sudden instead of tormenting him now?

"Go!" The officer took out his hands to shake them with that of Coups, "Just as long as you won't get in trouble Choi Seungcheol, it will be all fine by my side."

The name was indeed whispered, to be honest, the whole sentence was said in a whisper and kept under the thought that no one would hear it, not specially the man leaning against the door who suddenly interrupted again, "What if he stab someone with the pen you are handing him now?" The officer gave him a look that somehow changed Mingyu's stares from Coups to any wall he could see suitable to stare at, "Asking, just in case."

"I don't know about him but you indeed look like that type of guy to me Kim Mingyu! Now go away, i might beat your ass if you stayed here for a second more."

Mingyu snorted again as he began to leave, "Don't call me again then."

And he left, leaving Coups still standing to where he was. It was a relief to be honest, to not be accompanied by such a man who seemed nothing but a trouble from Coups prospective, but when the taller peeked inside from the little void between the opened door, he had to sigh.

"Aren't you coming?"

Coups indeed ended up following him, and as he did, just few feets away from the office, the taller called him out, "If your name is Choi Seungcheol, why did you write S.coups in your roll call then?"

".........."

Coups was bewildered. This man, he haven't just peeked in the roll call for his name, but he also had listened to his conversation with the officer.  A nosy neighbour indeed.

So when Mingyu raised his brows, firmly stuck at the question, Coups sighed, "It would be better if you don't use that name, at all. Call me what you read in roll call, that's it."

"Why?"

"Not everything is needed to be known, is it?"

"Oh it is. And by the way-"

Mingyu's words were vanished in the thin air the moment he saw a man passing from front of the corridor. Seungcheol saw that as well, and he indeed was sure that they were hiding the fact that they had looked at eachother by ignoring eachother's existence at the moment.

"Is that boy you are rumoured with?"