Jeongcheol 2

When the male on the lower bunk bed  woke up, as always, he felt nothing other than lost. from pretending to be asleep, he himself didn't noticed when he really fell into the deep hole of sleep. He was surprised by himself, mainly because sleeping was the farthest thing he did to avoid a human interaction.

Speaking of the human, the owner of the space turned his eyes three Sixty degree to find why the place was so silent. When he thought the newcomer was weirdly silent, he found him in the corner of the room, curling himself into a ball and sitting on the floor like dead.

Wait a minute- was he dead?!

The surprise flashing on his face was mainly because the newcomer's breath was almost negligible. There was no rise and fall of his chest. And on the top of that, the male did not move, not even an inch for him to conclude that he might be alive.

He couldn't help but sigh, "Out of all the places you could have died, you chose my place? For real?"

His voice might have been loud that the newcomer did ended up waking by a sudden jerk. when he woke up, the owner of the place saw the newcomer removing his bangs off his face, tugging then behind his ears and immediately standing up like a freak.

His hair was colored in a light shade of brown, shining amazingly under the source of light. He had bangs partially covering his forehead while back part of hair overgrown to cover  more than half part of his neck. His eyes were in colour of deep black, thin lips and petite figure.

His figure was indeed petite. He was slim, so much that the jail uniform felt like it hanging on a skeleton. Maybe it was because of the imperfect size of those blue coloured clothes on him that it kept exposing his collarbones.

And as if these all wasn't enough, his small face, hung down head, not being able to hold eye contact for more than three seconds eyes and fair skin was added to things why it was hard to believe someone like him could even kill an ant. But in all these years, Coups had learnt not judge people based on their innocent features and looks.

Ofcourse it takes good things for people to do if they are ending up in here.

"Coups Hyung! That basterd guard just said i- wait, who are you?!"

Coups had concluded if Mingyu was inside his cell, it was probably past two in afternoon. He at first was confused watching Mingyu's bewildered face upon watching the newcomer and it indeed took him time to realise the newcomer was still not introduced to others. And probably it was just him who new about his existence at the moment.

When Mingyu looked over him, mainly to ask the same question again, he shrugged his shoulders, "My new cellmate. The guard said to preserve him and not to scare him off."

Mingyu snorted at the comment, looking over the newcomer from top to bottom, "Well it indeed look like if you pushed him by mistake, he might break his bones for real."

when coups agreed along with Mingyu to make fun of him, the newcomer still did not say anything. He looked violated, traumatised at the top of that. It was so easy to tell by the way he kept staring at the ground and playing with his finger.

It infact did not bother Coups how it should have bothered him. He was used to it now. Every week there is someone feeling violated after coming here and someone feeling more than happy when leaving the place. It was a normal occurance, but what not normal was the way the newcomer looked so easily swayed with words and actions.

"What happened to your hair?" When Mingyu laughed at him while asking the question, only then Coups realised this hair was floating up in air like ocean wave. It was a mess, well messier than his future to be exact. His cheeks felt swollen, and his eyes, they were still to open fully to see the world.

Coups indeed gave up even before doing anything. He silently stood up, found his footwear and looked over Mingyu, his voice barely understandable due to the raspiness, "You were saying something?"

Mingyu though opened his mouth to rant what he came here to rant, he on the other hand shut it my himself, "I forgot."

Coups sighed, patting his shoulders as he said, "Very well. Now get out and come back when you remember what you were supposed to say."

Mingyu rolled his eyes at his Hyung but had nothing to speak against. It was him who forgot what he was supposed to say after he saw the newcomer. But since he was upto it, he asked his Hyung again, "Hyung? What's his name?"

Coups had no answer for that question so his head automatically turned towards the stranger, "What's your name?"

There came a voice, full of fear and nervousness, "Y-Yoon J-Jeonghan."

The older's brows frowned at the narration of the name, "Is it supposed to be said that way or you are feeling so cold that your words are shaking with you?"

Mingyu deadass snorted at the comment but Jeonghan this time spoke in clearer yet in his low voice, "Yoon Jeonghan."

The older turned towards Mingyu, "Yoon Jeonghan he said. Now get out."

Mingyu though felt like he did not have any impact of Coups's warnings on him as he asked again, "He can't even say his name without shuttering, I am afraid he'll survive a day in here. He is too weak Hyung, those basterd will bite him off within seconds."

This time, Jeonghan spoke even before he was expected to, "I am not weak."

".........."

There was silence for a good few moments before the older ended up chuckling, an expression full of mockery and sarcasm, "Oh, you are definitely not. And you are also definitely not going to be someone's bitch the second you keep your foot out of this cell."

The newcomer looked over at Coups, his eyes filled with confusion, "Bitch?"

The confused tone of his question ended up coups feeling more bewildered. He then looked over Mingyu, the man who just shook his head in disbelief, "Tell me honestly, what did you even do to end up here? By your looks, I am not sure if you can even kill a mosquito."

The question earned him no answer. Jeonghan did not said anything. And since he kept his mouth shut regarding the matter, Coups himself looked over at him, "Not my business of what you do and what you not but as a forever member of this shitty ass cell, I must tell you this is hell, and you, a lamb, have been left in tiger's den. I must say, if life out there was hard, it's hardest in here for you."

When coups told Mingyu to follow him to outside, the taller ended up giving him an advice before running behind him, "You are only safe when you are in this cell. The moment you get out, the game begins."