Seabound: Chapter 7 - Escape from Merlopia.

"We've gotta get out of here!" The Ripper sharks continued to head-butt against the ice wall while Maya, Katarina and Jay tried opening it with their hands. There were already cracks on the ice wall, and it would only be a matter of time before it broke fully.

"​​This isn't gonna hold!" Nya exclaims.

"There's no handle! How do we open this thing?" Jay says desperately, while Maya and Katarina continue looking for ways to open the door.

"Look for some kind of switch or pressure plate!" Maya bangs her fist on the closed doors, and shakes her head at Lloyd.

"Ugh, there's nothing!"

"Well, there has to be something we can do!" Katarina says. "Maybe the door isn't opening because this corridor is flooded. I can try to create something to drain the water out and-" Her eyes darted towards one of the Ripper sharks, who was charging towards the ice wall. She gasps. "Lloyd, look out!"

The Green Ninja turns his head to the side, and his eyes shot to pinpricks when the shark finally manages to break through the ice. Nya goes in front of him and pushes him back, using her Elemental Water to create a whirlpool to push the shark back.

But the sharks fought back against her powers, which gave her the fuel to push them back further. One of them even manages to get close to her, and she had to use one hand to stop him. Suddenly, the door opens, sucking the Ninja through the open entrance.

Nya gets sucked through, too, while she uses her powers to keep the shark a reasonable distance away from her. The doors shut right before the shark could follow her out. The Ninja and Maya were left on the ground coughing and breathing heavily as the water drained from them.

"Are you okay?" A concerned voice asks them. Katarina sits up, and her eyes set on Benthomaar, who had his quiver of arrows and a spear with a blade that was the same bright blue as the tridents. His eyes set on her for a brief moment before going back to everyone else. She takes off her scuba mask.

"Who are you?" Nya asks Benthomaar.

"Benthomaar, the King's son. His... adopted son." It was as if he was hesitant to say he was adopted. As if he was ashamed of it...

Katarina notices the tone he uses on the words adopted son immediately, and her eyes had sympathy and understanding in them. "We didn't attack the King!" Lloyd states firmly once they stand up.

"I know," Benthomaar's eyes narrow with hatred and anger. "It was Kalmaar."

"Is the King...?" Her voice trails off. The shark prince raises his eyebrows immediately, and his face contorts to sadness and grief, a look everyone was familiar with at this point.

"He's...he's..." He shakes his head and straightens his posture.

"I'm so sorry, Benthomaar." She apologizes to him. He doesn't smile nor say anything to her. Everyone startles when the Ripper sharks suddenly bang on the doors. He bangs the blunt end of his spear on the floor, getting everyone's attention.

"We don't have long. Follow me! I have to get you out of here!" Everyone follows Benthomaar after a moment, running down the corridors whilst the guards run past them. As they run down another corridor, they stop in their tracks when they hear the Merlopian guards run down the same one.

Benthomaar gestures a spot for them to hide behind, and shushes them whilst the guards go past them. After making sure there were no guards around, they come out of their hiding spot and continue on their path. "Where are you taking us?" Jay asks.

"The hangar bay. Your vessel was taken there." The shark prince explains. They stop in their tracks again, and they hide behind one of the blue marble pillars. His eyes narrow at a small group of Maaray guards, who were keen on guarding the door to the hangar bay. "Wait here. I'll get them to leave."