SOFS: Ice Chapter 9 - Awakenings

"MY NAME IS NOT ZANE!" Zane yells at Lloyd angrily. He bangs his staff onto the floor.

"Yes, it is!" Lloyd walks towards Zane until he was standing between Zane and Akita. "And you're gonna remember it, even if I have to knock it into your thick Nindroid skull!"

"You...know the Emperor?" Akita gasps in disbelief.

"He's not an emperor. He's my friend. He's the one I'm here to rescue," He explains to her. She widens her eyes in surprise. "It's hard to explain, but I can't let you hurt him, Akita."

She growls angrily. "MY WILL IS NOT YOURS TO COMMAND!" She breaks her hand free from the ice and quickly stands up, about to attack Zane. Lloyd quickly moves in front of her and holds her wrists, preventing her from trying to kill one of his brothers.

"Akita, no!" He moves her further back, seeing the murderous look on her face and feeling her struggle against him. "This isn't the way! You're letting your anger control you!"

She pushes him back a little. "Stand aside, Lloyd! Or fall with him!"

"I won't let you hurt Zane! He's my-!" Zane moves behind Lloyd and swats him away from Akita. He yells in pain, and tumbles at least a dozen feet away from Zane and Akita.

"THERE IS...NO ZANE!" He pushes Akita back and aims his staff at her.

"NO!" Lloyd quickly gets back up and performs his Spinjizu. He gets between the both of them, using his Spinjizu to block the staff's ice attack.

In his bear form, Kataru, Grimfax and Katarina were doing their best to hold off the Blizzard Samurai. After doing their best to get them off their backs, they try to run away in one direction, but the army blocks their path. They turn around and found they were surrounded on all sides.

The army points their weapons at them threateningly. Vex walks towards them, a cruel smile on his face.

"Well, well, well..."

Katarina, Kataru and Grimfax share a look. They lunge at the army again and start attacking them. But they were overpowered easily; Kataru and Katarina were chained down, and Grimfax got dog-piled on.

"Lock this traitor in the dungeon, and throw the animal and demon in with him." Vex orders the Blizzard Samurai holding the trio down. "The rest of you, follow me!"

Lloyd leaps away from Zane and summons his powers to block the staff's next attack. He leaps away again and dodges the next attack when Zane comes runnning towards him. He kept fending off the attacks, even running up a pillar and using his powers to overwhelm the staff's.

Lloyd got close to Zane and threw a punch at him, but Zane managed to dodge it. "Wake up, Zane!"

Zane uses the staff to hit Lloyd's back. He picks Lloyd up and spins him around multiple time, until he finally let him go. Lloyd's eyes widen when Zane manages to trap him in the corrupted ice. Zane laughs.

"LLOYD!" Akita throws her dagger at Zane. He dodges the weapon, and points his staff at her, freezing her instantly.

"AKITA!"

Zane walks over to Lloyd. "Zane...please..."

"I told you," Zane growls. "There is no Zane!" Lloyd shudders. His friend was really gone. And he was going to be killed by him.

Vex and a group of Blizzard Samurai walk over to Zane. "Do it, Master. Finish it!" Zane subtly nods and points the staff at Lloyd.

Lloyd gives Zane one final pleading look of desperation. "Zane..." Zane stares at Lloyd for a few seconds. He shakes his head. Why was he hesitating?