Prime Empire: Chapter 13 - Game Over

A huge beam of bright pixelated yellow light burst through the roof of an abandoned warehouse. The first to come out - or fly out - of the light was Unagami in his vengeful dragon form.

Other NPCs of the game followed not a moment too soon. Racers from the Speedway, the Whack Rats, and the Red Visors, come to life in the real world by bolts of the pixelated light. People scream and cower in fear, not wanting to come too close to the game NPCs of the forgotten Prime Empire.

Thugs that work for the Mechanic run out of the abandoned warehouse, along with the Mechanic himself. They were running away from the Mechanic's own doing; A portal that allowed Unagami and his loyal companions to come to the real world, and all that was needed were a few hundred energy cubes and the Nindroid Zane to power it.

Zane, tied up with chains of Vengestone and rope while being plugged into the portal, screamed in agony. Pixal was fighting off the remainder of the thugs. Wu was also tied up, and was trying to get out of his restraints.

"Zane! Zane, hold on!" Wu pleads to the Ice Ninja. A man with white and grey hair, and wearing a dark blue flannel shirt left unbuttoned, showing a black shirt along with black dress pants and a black belt, watched everything from a safe distance.

Pixal looks up. "Mr. Dyer, I require assistance!" The man named Dyer nods and runs down the flight of stairs to help the Samurai X.

"Pixal, help Zane!" She runs past the sensei and nods with affirmation. Dyer works on untying Wu from his rope.

She carefully approaches her boyfriend, whose titanium body danced and pulsed with yellow electrictity. His body was shaking violently from the immense power of the portal. With firm hands, she grips onto the cord that was connected to his power source, and pulls hard.

The portal made a loud humming sound for a brief moment, before a bright blue dragon with yellow accents glides through the portal. Riding on the back of the digital dragon was none other than Jay himself, who notices Zane in a dire situation.

"ZANE! PIXAL!" He hops off the dragon's back and rushes over to help Pixal pull off the cord. After a few seconds, the cord comes free, and Zane stops crying out in pain. His chains fall off. Gasping, she immediately runs over to him, and holds his hand.

"Zane!" No response. "Zane...please...say something...anything."

Slowly but surely, his eyes flutter open and was accompanied with a gasp for air. Wu and Jay breathe a sigh of relief, while she hugs him with relief of her own. "Oh, thank the Master you're alright, Zane."

"You had us scared, buddy." Jay goes over and helps Zane up. Zane notices the dragon, and that the Ninja weren't with Jay.

"What happened? Where are the others?"

"They got turned into energy cubes..." Jay puts carefully, earning a gasp from everyone. "But it's okay, because I'm gonna get 'em all back. All I have to do is A, find Milton Dyer, B, find Unagami, C, get them to work out their issues, D, convince Unagami to turn all the energy cubes back into people and E..."

He stops talking about his form of a somewhat-expertly-put-form of a plan. "Uhm, I don't think there is an E. I think that's it."

"We found Dyer." Pixal says, and gestures to the creator of Prime Empire, who steps up.

"And I will do whatever I can to help."

"Are you certain Unagami can be reasoned with?" Wu asks Jay with uncertainty.

Jay shrugs, and puts an uneasy smile on his face. "I think so. He doesn't seem evil to me. Just confused. He doesn't understand what he's doing."

"This is all my fault. Vast Industries forced me to shut the game down. And I did it. But I didn't understand what I had created. I didn't know it was alive." Milton Dyer explains. Jay crosses his arms.