CHAPTER 31

10 years old

One moment I was stuck at Enzo's house and the other moment I'm thrown into this pitch-dark dungeon kind of a room with a faint foul smell, not that I could come to any conclusions. My vision was completely impaired the only sense I could rely at the moment was my hearing.

I pushed my body crawling to the source of the voices and found myself leaning against a metal door, with my limbs tightly roped.
On hearing the footsteps growing towards me with each harsh step I crawl back far away.

The thick light slapped my face hard squinting my eyes I move my face away briefly "I'm sorry to keep you in such a place but well I heard that you'd make your own way out" he said. He was tall, bald and have broad shoulders I couldn't quite picture his face with him obstructing the passage of light coming inside.

Only then another man entered the room who seemed to be one of his guards as he lit the room, the switch hanging right next to doorframe. It was then I saw the man infront of me, a well tailored blazer perfect for his size just like the many my father wear, neatly pressed trousers with a crisp button down shirt and leather shoes which had traces of blood on it.

His face came into full view, Cesare Borgia stood proud and uptight smirking he made his way to the wooden chair placed by his men when I was too busy struggling with the sudden sharp light falling on my face.

"A young boy like you in our world is indeed a poor thing but also one of the greatest weaknesses of the men working here" crossing his legs he proceeds to unbutton his coat swiftly removing it one go he hands it over to the man standing beside him without turning his head he speaks "Get some food for the young lad here, we wouldn't want to upset the Medici's anymore than this" the man almost immediately leaves as I watch his evil grin grow.

Cesare crouches down to my level untying the ropes at once "You're father is one wicked man almost like me yet you know what makes us different" I paid little to no attention indifferent to his talks still that didn't stop him "He hides all his wrongdoings almost as if he's ashamed of it in the first place but I keep no secrets." "It's always out in the world" he sings and sits back laughing.

"Why do you keep me here?" I question if he's a man of his words I'm sure he'll spill it "Your father is of great help to us and it is why I need to strike a deal with him" leaning forward he takes in my jaw "You are the key for it if daddy dearest loves you even a quarter of the love I never got I'm sure he'd be ready to do it all."

The same man comes now with a plate full of food and a glass of water "Look we've got Ezio back with food of your taste. Make sure to eat it'd be shame if the Medici complains of our bad hospitality towards his child" folding his sleeves up neatly he gives one last glance and leaves shutting the door.

The room was dimly lit I look at Ezio who keenly watches me possibly waiting for me to eat up though I hated these men I am starving and my throat is drier than Sahara at the moment.

I drink the water and holy shit water has never tasted so good, I hear Ezio chuckle, "What's your name boy"
"Remo Medici"
"Too proud to be the son of Lorenzo Medici eh?"
"Proud to be his son" He extends his arms as he wipes away the dust from my face with the back of his hand.

"Here's the thing my boy, your father is no superhero you think of him as. Soon he will be going to reject the offer and when that happens Cesare will kill you" I search for signs of lies but there was none "What makes you think I will trust you?" I say holding onto the fork as I point it out to him aware that I will use it as a potential weapon.

"My full name is Ezio Auditore" removing the collar of his shirt he reveals the infamous mark of Assassins Order inked below his right collarbone "You're one of them, aren't you?" He covers it up almost too quickly before I can get a close look at it.

"You're too smart for a kid eh" he chuckles to himself "How come you're alive, I heard that every last one of your kin was wiped clean" still gaping at the covered part of his shirt as if I could see right through it.

"Here's the thing boy we don't have much time left. You either leave with me right now and save your little ass or get your head served on a platter to your family" I look around frantically of the possible options out there but found none.

My father might be a one big liar and I could've been decieved all along or maybe the one standing infront of me have sewed me up a perfect lie for me to fall in yet the question remains do I really have little trust in the man I call my father?

My time is limited so are my options I have to trust my instinct and give in to him cause it's better to not fall into the hands of devil himself. The Auditore's have swear to bring out peace in our community and drag the corrupt out of it "Count me in" his lips twitch into a smile as I feel the uneasiness kick in "It will be a long ride piccino" falling into his arms the dark embrace me.

I smell freshly baked focaccia rubbing my eyes I feel the soft mattress beneath me. The  sun rays made its way through the window falling onto the edge of the bed I remove the thick quilt that covered me stepping outside I find the fresh aroma hit my nose.

I look around the walls of the house keenly covered with many paintings and engravings "That's all I have left of my people" Ezio held two cups in his hand offering one to me I take it in one go and stomp my feet away "Not a morning person eh?" I turn around angered with the stunt he pulled on with me "You drugged me!" He laughs at it pushing his back to the couch,  "No I saved you" He states sounding bored.
"You drugged a child, where are you're morals" I mock back at him,
"If I did stuck up to my morals then you wouldn't be complaining about it right now"  he gradually places the cup "It's okay to trust, just because one failed you doesn't mean the other will too but yes take precautions" I missed home but here it felt better.

I could voice out my thoughts without the fear of letting down someone. Piero and Alessia are a major part of my life so is mother yet the time isn't right if I return now I might end up facing trouble in a more brutal way.
The borgian's would have put their best men to find me, dead or alive as long as it serves his purpose. I was on my own in a way sooner or later I will reach out to my family and dear father shall reap what he sowed.