CHAPTER 15

Lola and I looked around unable to understand what the whole chaos was all about realizing all of them were on their phones it finally kicked in that the news came out the least my father could do for me was to wait until I reach home.
I heard a loud gasp from Lola's as she looked up at me shoving the phone at my face which read "Sources sparked rumors of Renato Pazzi, the elder son of the Matteo Pazzi engagement with Alessia Medici, the only daughter of Lorenzo Medici" the article continued with pictures of the Pazzi's leaving our residence the day of that eventful dinner as my father and Matteo bid goodbye hugging each other the latter read how the two families joining forces would leave a powerful impact on the business world emphasis on impact because that's what this is all about to leave such an impact behind so no one dare think they have the capability to surpass us or even as much as have a thought of attempting such a thing to avoid the consequences one have to face.

To say that Lola was angry would be an understatement that woman was furious that I've kept such a thing from her for so long but even after that she didn't fail to understand me and sympathized me for the mess I was in giving me a few words of affirmations and a kiss on the cheek I told her that I'll be going home not only I was already annoyed with the constant babble   about me but also had to mentally prepare myself with the event coming.
Arriving to the car lot I found Luciano leaning on to his car looking my way with patient eyes
"Took you long enough to come" he said
"Did I make you wait too long, your majesty" I scoffed hard which erupted a laugh from him "I'm ready to wait for you as long as it takes but" he took a wide step closer to me "I'm not the one to stand on the sidelines and watch someone take you away from me" his expressions was now of a person who's plotting a murder potentially, it's a dumb thought that he would somehow be ignorant of it I took a step away from him "You will have to once I marry him" I looked straight into his eyes I could sense the anger built in his eyes and maybe I pushed him too hard eventually he will have to accept the fact that I'm no longer his nor he is mine "Get in the car" he said going to the driver's seat unnerved with what I just said instead I turned around and started leaving I heard the car door shut loud as he marched towards me, he yanked me back holding both my arms which lead me to crash straight into him, my back touched his rock hard chest when he slowly moved to my ears whispering "We can do this two way. One that you walk by yourself and sit like a good girl or else I carry you myself to your seat".

I looked around aware that there are hidden cameras out somewhere since the news came out in order to not make this moment into tomorrow's headlight I get myself out of his hold and sit I also know that asshole must have a big ass smug on his face which I wish I could punch it out from him although I'd be the one ending up with a bruised fist.

Not a single words were exchanged between the two of us twenty minutes into the ride I looked out of the car letting the cool breeze sooth my nerves with Luciano checking up on me at every five minutes so I finally broke the thin ice and asked realizing we are too far from the city " Do you intend to kidnap me?" before he could reply I said " Let me tell you that it wouldn't take my father more than a minute to find me" he chuckles as if I a cracked a joke soon studying my expressions he clears his throat " I have no such an  intention but yes the day I plan to take you away is when your father willingly give your hand in mine" he always get away with these kinds of remark I diverted my gaze on the road feeling the blood rush to my cheeks even though I was very much curious where were we headed to but I refrained from asking expecting to get another snarky little comments so I let myself fall back to the seat and sleep for a while after having one last look of his face.

I was woken up by Luciano with a soft whisper "We're here" separating the hair falling on my face opening my eyes I saw his face near me giving away to the moment to simply watch him in silence. Did he always have this mole under his eyes I thought to myself, the moment obviously didn't last any long when his phone buzzed kept on the dashboard he moved away picking up the phone and left the car.

I picked myself up and it came to my notice that Luciano lowered the seat probably after looking at me curled up in a ball that shit must have made my muscle ache shifting my eyes to the rear view mirror I fixed my hair and got out of the car to find him waiting for me at a distance infront of small farmhouse it's name plate read "THE MENORAH"