CHAPTER 10

I saw Alessia arrive in the parking lot with a guy sitting in the driving seat and they soon got off with him approaching her side as he fixed her hair saying something which made her laugh, I wanted to be the one to make her laugh like that, a laugh so contagious that makes my day lighten into ten times.

I know what she wants right now is an explanation which she absolutely deserves but it's ineffable until then I wish I could muster up the courage one day and just hope that when that day comes she'll understand as well as stand by me regardless of knowing everything.
I failed to see her turn around being too much in my thoughts when she caught my gaze that lasted for a minute which I soon broke as I saw Enzo coming towards my direction,
"Quite the angst going on here I presume " he said making me almost throw my hands on him when he said "It's his brother Piero Montanari, the heir to the Medici bank. I hope you didn't get some unholy thoughts about your future brother-in-law" to which he burst out laughing "Cut the bullshit. Don't you have some business to handle" I remarked "Well papa bear has his eyes and ears everywhere, one move wrong and we're out of his property papers. We've got to look out for ourselves also to invite such fragility in our world" looking at Alessia "You know what it does to them" with another warning he went away.

I know why there's always an inflow of warnings but he just makes it seem like I don't realize the dangers that lurks from every corner or as if I've seemingly forgot the very day that have built me as the person I am today, the day which changed our lives and everything around us. The day that has been carved into our body and soul for an eternity.

Not even 15 minutes into the class but I already start to loose interest, the only thing that puts me out of this misery is her, the mere glimpses of her face between the classes is like the sweetness of a fruit when offered to a starving man.

The bell rang for the next class I saw Lola jump to her seat and then rushed to Alessia, I lowered my head on the table making it seem like I'm sleeping to eavesdrop on their conversation which is very easy considering Lola cannot contain her voice low due to the excitement given that she practically jumped to her seat "It's Mrs Moretti's class!" She exclaimed but since when Lola's interested in studies let alone chemistry before Lola could say something Al shushed her tone down though it still doesn't take it a genius to figure out her next words since Lola is a habitual loud speaker nothing could lower her tone yet she still tries and 100 points for efforts "Luciano will be sitting with you,trap him in your charms to make him spill the beans" she said to which I internally rolled my eyes " Lo there's nothing going to come out of his mouth. I sensed it the time he looked at me this certain way that it pained him to not tell me yet he cannot this is enough proof" Alessia replied though it was hard to hear her but where there's a will there's a way so I scooted a bit closer and bingo "Maybe, I think we'll have to wait until he eventually fusses out everything" Lola said and they soon went out.

I went after a while or so for obvious reasons, one being that Mrs Moretti is never on time and second that I don't want to face her though I have to at some point of time.

My eye caught her's first the moment I entered the laboratory I soon broke the contact and went towards the end of the row seating myself beside her, I could feel her strong gaze on to me but I tried my best to keep my calm fidgeting with my pen looking straight at it trying my best to look anywhere but her until she spoke up,

"You're acting as if I'm some kind of plague that you don't want to catch on" with annoyance in her tone for obvious reasons "It's not like that" I said looking straight into her eyes if only she knew that I might as well solely look into her eyes rather than anything in the world and its the fear that makes me not look at her because if I did, I might as well break down and end up telling everything.

"Cut the crap. You think I'm blind to your actions, how you immediately divert your eyes or go the opposite way when I'm coming!" She yelled not noticing that Mrs Moretti have already entered the class "I assume you've got some serious discussions pending for very long. Let me help you guys, you may continue this outside"She said showing our way to the door