CHAPTER 19

It doesn't come out as a shocker to me that Piero doesn't recognize me but had it been Enzo he would've clutched on to his chest in an overdramtic way and cry all day long how he just got ignored by his "Best friend"  for the millionth time.

Piero still stood there speechless not being able to form any words which is understandable considering he just found a man sitting in his little sister's bedroom for the very first time yet what makes me curious is how would he have reacted had he seen me half-naked though I'm not willing to push his buttons anytime soon, we've got a long way to go for that.

I could see Alessia's wiping her sweaty palms on the back of her pants too nervous to say anything since the siblings won't say anything I might as well talk as the silence is boring especially when my soon-to-be wife's brother is looking at me like that instead Piero turned his head sideways towards Alessia all of a sudden bursting out "What the fuck are you thinking" unable to form any words she stood on her ground trying to smoothen out the situation before it gets any much worse "Heyy you're..." cutting my sentence midway he shoves his hands to my face "You're getting engaged today and you think you should be whoring out with some guy right under our fucking roof!"

As much I like the fact that he unknowingly took my side but what doesn't sit right with me is he called my Alessia a whore infront of me,
"Watch your words before I cut that throat out and feed it to the dogs "
"Shut it out! I can talk however the fuck I want with my sister" now standing up close to me as Alessia rush between the two of us
"She may be your sister but she's now mine and my fucking fiancée" looking at Alessia now I said "I wouldn't stand here and watch him disrespect you. I will rip his tongue out in a blink of an eye if he so much as think he has the audacity to say such a thing to you" anger surfaced all over my body had it not been Alessia separating the two of us I would've blown a hit or two until I heard Piero laughing out loud.

Alessia and I exchanged glances as she reached out to him checking if he's in his right senses or not "Ahh should I enroll myself in an acting academy" he motioned to remove the tears of laughter brimming in his eyes "You're sick!" Alessia steps away pushing him "I like you" I immediately cover myself up with the quilt Alessia break out in a laugh with him as I gave out a questionable look "I'm very much straight also it'll be frowned upon if I try to steal my sister's fiance" baffled by his statement he continues "which I do not wish to do...for now" Alessia chuckles giving him a light hit on his shoulder.

I like this view infront of me watching Alessia laugh carefree and I hope to watch it for the rest of my life. Alessia discussed with his brother about the turn of events that took place last night it appears that Piero was totally against her decision of her marrying into the Pazzi's which immediately made me like him a bit more he was a tad more relieved over the fact that his sister is marrying someone she loves but then gave a whole ass dramatic speech for not including him in her love affairs reminding me of how Enzo and him are so alike, watching things slowly somehow taking their place back to its original form makes me realize that my efforts did not go in vain.

Davide Montanari couldn't possibly comply with plans that didn't do him any benefit so when I proposed the plan to marry Alessia Medici it was without any doubt placing myself in a grave danger considering the history that the two families share but the plan that I had laid out infront of him made him reconsider.

The only belief that both Davide and Lorenzo share is that power is wealth inorder to seize that power they will go to any lengths. Its of great benefit for the joining of both the families in view of how the Monatanari firm have repeatedly helped the Medici bank  from their illegal money laundering in the past while the Medici's political dynasty have supported in veiling the countless murders and bribery now the reinforcement of the two will start things anew much the same way.

It indeed is more or less a contract marriage to the eyes of the public but for me this is what I've been planning most of my life so I could execute this plan when needed though it had to be rushed because of the Pazzi's still nothing could make me regret making Alessia mine as soon as possible when that's all I've been dreaming about. My father was initially a little skeptical about it but he possibly couldn't refuse such an opportunity deep down he too wanted to join hands with the Medici since that incident took a huge toll on both the families.

I heard my father say "This will help with the Borgia case too?" Ofcourse it all comes down to this "Yess, it has been years since the justice have been served rightfully" he simply nodded as we all have been working on it in different ways but the goal remains same.
I wish the circumstances were disparate but everytime her voice rings in my head "Bambino there will be days you would've wished for a different outcome but life surprises you when you least expect it so instead of taking fright in it welcome it because it has God's will in it" her face is still carved inside my head, time and time again I receive this stinging pain in my heart everytime I relive her words how she believed so much in God yet that didn't let her escape from such a cruel end of her life.